Fly tipping ?

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Potty

Fly tipping ?

Postby Potty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

I am currently looking to move home - i live in Poynton and looking to stay. I was driving around the Brookfield Avenue area today and noticed that someone had disposed of a large radiator on the grass verge .... not what I expected to see ..... maybe not the part of Poyton to move to ?
And why did not the person whose home it was in front of remove it ..... ?
are be becoming an area of just putting stuff out on the road

nedsram

Re: Fly tipping ?

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Don't necessarily assume the worst. Somebody could have asked them to leave it there for collection at a time when the householder would be out. (Probably a "rag and bone man" - cheaper than paying the council to remove it.) Fly tippers generally don't want to be seen dumping stuff, so it's unlikely that they would dump it on a grass verge in a residential area. Fortunately fly tipping seems to be rare round here. They seem to prefer National Trust land at Alderley Edge. :twisted:

AndyPotter

Postby AndyPotter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Do not be fooled !!
Fly tipping is getting more and more of a problem. Espically Higher Poynton.

The land behind the Worth Clough Cottages is getting used as a dumping ground. This is people that don't care and think it's everybody else problem as long as it's not on their own doorstep.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

"Potty"!! Fly tipping, No. Left out for scrap dealer who collects Thur/Fri, YES.

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:27 pm

AndyPotter wrote:The land behind the Worth Clough Cottages is getting used as a dumping ground. This is people that don't care and think it's everybody else problem as long as it's not on their own doorstep.

And the footpath in front of Worth Clough cottages seems to be a dumping ground for cars

AndyPotter

Postby AndyPotter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

zzippy wrote:And the footpath in front of Worth Clough cottages seems to be a dumping ground for cars

Maybe the residents are just following the rest of Poynton.

E.g School Lane, Park('Anywhere') Lane.

Return to “Poynton Forum”