Boars Head

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

tarboat

Re: Boars Head

Postby tarboat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Desmo Man wrote:Waitrose sell it as well, so it must be posh ! Not everybody likes real ale.

As far as I am concerned you can have as much Stella as you want as long as I can get a decent cask ale or two and preferably a dark mild. Of course there is no chance of that with Punch Taverns who generally only allow rather bland and poor national brands in their pubs. I have just returned from the Grove Ale House where I was able to sample two excellent milds which were available alongside a wide range of other quality beers. Oh how I wish the Boar could offer such an excellent variety.

vmeldrew

Postby vmeldrew » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:10 am

All terribly sad. Leaves me looking for an old-style Boar's Head replacement. Same sort of atmosphere before any daft refurbs. It won't be for me in the future, I'm afraid. Good, honest freshly cooked food, locals at the bar and community spirit. Unfortunately, they are a dying breed and few and far between.

Tony471

Postby Tony471 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:52 am

Try the FLUTE N FIRKIN , excellent Poynton real ale Brewed in the legion , and guest ales , if one doesn't like hustle and bustle give it a try early doors , Fridays Happy Hour 4pm - 8pm cheap real ale , just what we all want

tarboat

Postby tarboat » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Tony471 wrote:Try the FLUTE N FIRKIN , excellent Poynton real ale Brewed in the legion , and guest ales , if one doesn't like hustle and bustle give it a try early doors , Fridays Happy Hour 4pm - 8pm cheap real ale , just what we all want

I asked about Mild in the Flute and they didn't know what it was. :shock:

Bevsee1

Postby Bevsee1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 pm

I hope that the new opening hours will not take the business away from the old Coffee Tavern next door , be nice to work in harmony :D

Return to “Poynton Forum”