Passport photos in Poynton

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Loobyloo

Re: Passport photos in Poynton

Postby Loobyloo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:29 pm

The Post Office booth is very good. It gives you several goes until you're happy with the shot. Not sure if this is the case with all of them now. First time I have used one for a bit. Had about 3 attempts before I was happy and then just press ACCEPT. Cost £5

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Once again the Passport Photo problem has arisen , there doesn't seem to be anywhere to have a photograph for a driving licence or a passport taken in Poynton ,we have tried both chemists also the post office to no avail , the post office machine was broken down.

The nearest place we found was the shoe kiosk at Handforth Dean so if you have left your need for a photograph for any of these purposes to the last minute it might be wise to do a little searching before its too late.

Just a thought :idea:

Adora

Postby Adora » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:05 pm

The post office at the front of Asda in Hazel Grove do photos.

There was a booth in Sainsburys too but for the life of me, I can't remember if it is still there which is a bit pants because I was only in there the other day! :oops: <memory going - bladder will be next!>

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 pm

I'd give the old Lozziwoo2 a go opposite Waitrose in the little passageway between the quacks and costa.
now seems to trade as "Richard Jackson photography" , easy to find on Google or FB ( don't want Neds telling me off for putting websites up :shock: )
According to the FB page student ID cards etc at £6 a pop, got to be worth a try and it's a local business, you'll save more than the extra quid in petrol shopping local.
Number is 01625 404482.

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:45 am

Adora wrote:
There was a booth in Sainsburys too but for the life of me, I can't remember if it is still there which is a bit pants because I was only in there the other day! :oops: <memory going - bladder will be next!>

Yes they do have a facility to take passport photos at the shoe kiosk in the above store BUT It was broken down yesterday.

Have you ever had one of those days :roll: ;)

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't Believe It, after all my troubles trying to find a place that takes photo's for passports yesterday, A well known Supermarket on Queensway Poynton has had a photo booth installed today :o :clap

hismum

Postby hismum » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 pm

My son did his in the booth in Morrisons, really easy and no problems.

brutus

Postby brutus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 am

Max Spielman in Tesco Handforth not only take your photo but give you a code to renew your passport on line . They are reasonable and you know that the photo meets government standard.

Return to “Poynton Forum”