Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby nedsram » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:05 pm

This thread is for people looking for old friends or information on people who used to live in Poynton. It is a direct replacement for the old Local Friends Reunite forum.

annpercy

Re: Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby annpercy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Looking to contact Carole Pearson nee Stubbs.Can not find you on here Email me or phone me.Sorry i missed you when you called. Ann :)

tankie615

Re: S. Claus

Postby tankie615 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:06 pm

We're looking for a mysterious old man. Didn't actually meet him, but he visited our house at Christmas time in 2008. We left him a small snack and a drink and he generously left lots of exciting gifts for the grandchildren. We understand he lives near the North Pole but magically travels the world at Christmas time.
PS Grandad said that the reindeer poo did his roses a power of good - thanks!!!

woodcutter

Postby woodcutter » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 pm

sad news apparently Mr S.Claus has been hit by the global recession too! - his annul budget has been cut in half. Also the animal transport system has been complaining of damaged hoofs of recent years. Traditional plenty of snow has provided soft landing but with climate change this is no longer the case. I hear that visitations have been limited to deeply snow covered terrain only - so come on poynton and surrounds get ya snow act together, even artificial might do the trick!

jebb5636

Heather Smith

Postby jebb5636 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Does anyone remember Heather Smith who lived in Distaff Road, Poynton in the early 1960's? Also her brother, Russell? Heather joined the RAF in the 60's and was a Brown Owl in the Brownies. Please email me on jebbberyl@yahoo.co.uk with any information
Last edited by jebb5636 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thealcatraz

Postby thealcatraz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm

hello

Went to school at Poynton high,was a canadian that any came over to play for Bolton Wanderers and spent a year there.looking to re-connect with any friends from there....forgot last names .Dave,Jacquie dalgliesh,Catherine,Gary,..........anyone remembering me(Jeff Cambridge) lived with the Poveys who owned the local school uniform shop.drop me a line at jtcambridge@hotmail.com..

jeff

dorisbill

Postby dorisbill » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:00 pm

Marsh:
I am looking for Doreen Marsh, married to Ralph and had 2 sons, David and Philip in the early 1960's.

Marleywarley

Anyone who was taught the piano by Margaret Hunt

Postby Marleywarley » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:21 pm

My Mum, Margaret Hunt, is celebrating her 80th birthday next April and her family are compiling a surprise Life Story book. She has taught the piano in Bramhall for nearly 55 years and continues to do so. This has been a major part of her life and has given her (and her pupils) such pleasure. We would love to hear from anyone who has either been taught the piano by Margaret or knows of someone who has. There are literally hundreds! These people will be included in Mum's Story book...

Kath

Postby Kath » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:01 am

Hi there. My name is Kath. I am looking for an old friend of my mother's. Her married name is Wendy Lord and she has lived in the Bramhall area for many years. She apparently has lived in Bramhall Lane South, but my mother is not exactly sure of the address, as she has been quite unwell and can't find Wendy's address details.

She was my mother's bridesmaid in New Zealand in 1961, and my mother has kept in touch with her every year at Christmas, but she hasn't heard from her at all over this Christmas period.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of her and could help me contact her. Mum is concerned that perhaps she is unwell, or worse, has passed away.

It would be lovely to find her again, as this year it is Mum's 50th wedding anniversary.
thanks,
Kath

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:17 pm

I have sent you a PM.
I hope :D

Return to “Poynton Forum”