Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

lennon_lad

Re: Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby lennon_lad » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi all!

I'm looking to get in touch with Paul John Brooks, last known address was Vernon Lodge where I think he left circa 2009. His father was Charles Harold Brooks.

billpearson

Postby billpearson » Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 am

Not sure if I am doing this the right way, but here go's
My Daughter and I have been doing some family research during the course of it I found out that my Auntie Dolly was my only paternal blood relative. My parents both died in 1952 and I went to live with my paternal grandmother which was not what you would call a happy arrangement. I escaped from that situation and Salford by joining the army in 1958 and cutting all ties if I had know at the time that Auntie Dolly was my real Auntie I would have kept in touch and in way now trying to make amends although I know she will not be alive.
Ellen (Dolly) Pearson Born 1909 Greengate Salford married twice ? last husband Michael James Murphy known as Jim moved to Poynton 1962-63 Address 38 Parklands Way. There is another M J Murphy listed in 1971 at 152 Park Lane. I can't find any record of marriage or death for my aunt or her husband. can anybody help me?
Bill (David) Pearson
Last edited by billpearson on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

JohnHarrison

Jackie

Postby JohnHarrison » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Met gorgeous young lady at the Rotary Prom in the Park. :D 16th June 2012

We took photos of each other & together & she was going to send them to me. Her name was Jackie (lived in Prestwich - kept telling me J21 on motorway - but that's for Chadderton). Was visiting friend for weekend in Poynton & was at the 'Want you back' 2012 event. She was sat on rug in front of the gazebos with 4(?) others. She had red jumper on & red with white polka dot wellies, which I helped her put on while singing along to the male vocal harmony group.

If you are her friend please ask her to contact me on the e-mail address I gave her. (She said she was useless at technology but must know how to use e-mail surely? She saved it on her mobile. Can you, her friend, help?) I have some photos for her but don't know her e-address; only she has mine.
Cheers
8-)

Charlie16

Postby Charlie16 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:32 am

I am looking for a family that I knew when I lived in Poynton back in the late 1970's

Surname was Smith and the children were Susan, Hazel and Richard

I think at some point their parents (Dad was Bill) moved to Higher Poynton

Does anybody know what happened to them?

misscroft

Postby misscroft » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Adam - the hairdresser from Paul George. I have heard rumors he is going to set up and re-open Salon 61. I had never had my hair cut by the same hairdresser more than once before I went to Adam, final found a hairdresser I like and he goes and disappears off the face of the earth.

Help please I don't event have his last name and the phone number for Salon 61 is out of use!!!

yodasdad

Postby yodasdad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 pm

misscroft wrote:Adam - the hairdresser from Paul George. I have heard rumors he is going to set up and re-open Salon 61. I had never had my hair cut by the same hairdresser more than once before I went to Adam, final found a hairdresser I like and he goes and disappears off the face of the earth.

Help please I don't event have his last name and the phone number for Salon 61 is out of use!!!

It's over a month since misscroft's appeal and you have all ignored her. Someone must know where Adam is! :evil:

John-ambler

Looking for anyone who knows me

Postby John-ambler » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi I'm looking for anyone who may remember me John ambler brother Colin lived in trafalgar close in the early 70s

missterie

the old secondary school

Postby missterie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:03 pm

nedsram wrote:This thread is for people looking for old friends or information on people who used to live in Poynton. It is a direct replacement for the old Local Friends Reunite forum.

Hi my name was lesley hulland so anyone who new me at school and at the social centre, i was rosebud queen and rose queen, i was in the pantos at the social centre plus doing ballet there, ring any bells with anyone, then please email me on lesley.shepherd@talktalk.net would love to hear from you.
lesley

JohnHarrison

Postby JohnHarrison » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm looking for Poynton & District RT - used to be a charitable organisation that did lots of fund raising, civic duty, Community Service, Ways & Means, attended Age Concern meetings, etc. I frequently see the ads for the social side but apart from Santa & Civic Bonfire don't see anything else. Hardly ever seen in Post either. 18-41 (or 45) yrs old men.

Feeder club to 41 Club, who in turn used to send along their younger colleagues to RT. 41 Club used to help out wherever asked but I don't see them helping much either, if at all nowadays, do either of these 2 inter-linked charitable (not social) organisations still exist? :oops:
Looking to build a better future.
[without PL prima donnas]

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:35 pm

JohnHarrison wrote:I'm looking for Poynton & District RT - used to be a charitable organisation that did lots of fund raising, civic duty, Community Service, Ways & Means, attended Age Concern meetings, etc. I frequently see the ads for the social side but apart from Santa & Civic Bonfire don't see anything else. Hardly ever seen in Post either. 18-41 (or 45) yrs old men.

Feeder club to 41 Club, who in turn used to send along their younger colleagues to RT. 41 Club used to help out wherever asked but I don't see them helping much either, if at all nowadays, do either of these 2 inter-linked charitable (not social) organisations still exist? :oops:

Try here...

www.poyntonroundtable.co.uk/

Return to “Poynton Forum”