Higher Poynton Cheshire GREED BELT

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

WigleyWoggled

Re: Higher Poynton Cheshire GREED BELT

Postby WigleyWoggled » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:55 pm

I think Zippy means the view is free, not paid for and therefore not owned so no claim on the view.
Solution: buy the land and don't developed so ensuring a lasting view! :)

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Not sure if he'd been on matching dust at that time :clap :clap :clap

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:53 pm

HigherPoynton wrote: Our house is opposite Alec's garden and for years people have stopped to admire the views over the Cheshire plains as the sun sets directly over the back of it, people regularly stop and photograph the views,
WigleyWoggled wrote:I think Zippy means the view is free, not paid for and therefore not owned so no claim on the view.
Solution: buy the land and don't developed so ensuring a lasting view! :)

You've got it i may be completely wrong (I usually am) but it may be the case that someone bought a house with a view here and they are could now possibly lose that as it was not part of the purchase package :|
Maybe they could sue the estate agent who sold them a "house with a view" ? Or accept as unfortunately as they don't own the view it is subject to change :|
HigherPoynton wrote: It is not an area for affordable homes for first time buyers the proposal is for three storey town houses which will obliterate the views

So ? What's that got to do with anything? Unless there is more housing it will remain unaffordable maybe that's a reason to build there to lower mean prices ?
POYNTONIAN 1 wrote:Not sure if he'd been on matching dust at that time :clap :clap :clap

No unfortunately not :| I'll have to be clearer in future on terms that are sometimes used in the planning world aka nimby etc :|
In the same vein in the unfortunate case of the house fire further down Coppice road I've thought for a few years that plot may make a nice small development similar to that done at Granary mews or venture way as people don't tend to have such large gardens nowadays.
Heck someone may even apply for planning on those greenhouses, sheds and gardens opposite Alec's old house on Shrigley Rd North :|

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 pm

Keep snortin zippy!!

WigleyWoggled

Postby WigleyWoggled » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:05 am

The is Higher Poynton we're talking about ... The enclave where time stands still, or so some would wish.
The bungalow in question is on a strange plot. Its neither a garden or a field, its just a patch of land they've chosen to mow. So now its up for sale its ripe for development.
I can see the bungalow being demolished and several properties being built in its place.

The excuse of Green Belt which some Councilors have used in the past to prevent any development is simply not descriptive of the area. Recent changes are likely to force a relaxation allowing gaps to be utilised for much needed housing. That far better than encouraging new housing estates.

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:12 am

zzippy wrote:...Heck someone may even apply for planning on those greenhouses, sheds and gardens opposite Alec's old house on Shrigley Rd North :|

Funny that, as they may actually belong to the original poster. :shock:
That would cast a big shadow over that suggestion. :mrgreen:

Higher-Poynton-News

Postby Higher-Poynton-News » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:21 pm

For those who are interested, a planning application for the land at 18 Shrigley Road North, Higher Poynton was recently submitted.

Date Submitted: 24/02/2017
Detail: Five townhouse style properties, Height 3 storeys, taller than the adjoining properties, proposed to project deeper than the adjoining properties.
Reference Number: 17/0624M
Applicant: Mr Keith Farrell of 10 Anglesey Drive Poynton

There is a meeting of the Poynton Planning and Environment Committee on Monday 6th March - 8.00pm at the Civic Hall in Poynton.

And March 17th, 2017 is the last date for submitting comments at planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk

3 Comments have been submitted the planning portal so far:

1. The views from the road looking over the property are stunning and will be lost should this application be accepted. Many people such as myself travel to the area at a weekend for such views which are being destroyed by individuals such as the applicant who is only interested in the financial gain generated from the "development". I encourage a decision to reject this application protecting the interests of the local and wider public than the financial interests of an individual - Vistor to the area from Preston
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. This area of land has one small bungalow. I believe that the submitted plans are proposing three-story dwellings.
Having been a resident in Poynton for years, this is not in keeping with the surroundings. The applicant is not considering first time buyers, which would be a contribution to the national plan, but for personal profit, I think these are valid points, and although this may be a brownfield site due to the existing property, "filling in " with as many houses as profitable will not benefit the neighbourhood. - Local Resident
3. This proposal is an intrusion into the Open Countryside/ Green Belt.Poynton is absorbing a lot of new properties with those being built at Woodford and those planned for the old sports ground. Schools etc will only go so far. Greenbelt and local amenities should be spared the pressure of this intense development replacing 1 house with 5 - Local Resident

Views of Higher Poynton News:

Residents both new and old to Shrigley Road North and the adjoining area, clearly chose to reside in this location for the appreciation of the Green Belt aspects, and the peaceful environment if further development is granted, it will clearly have a hugely detrimental effect on the local community.

The Higher Poynton area is a picturesque part of the Cheshire countryside which should be protected, the area is extremely popular with many people for walking, cycling, running, horse riding and other leisure pursuits.

Why should one individual be allowed to profit from spoiling the environment which is currently enjoyed by so many.

Social Media accounts now available to support the residents and visitors to Higher Poynton

twitter.com/HigherPoynton
facebook.com/HigherPoynton

graupel

Postby graupel » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:07 pm

IMG_0323.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Get used to it! Alec's bungalow & land arent in green belt. Won't be surprised if St Martins re apply for development there. If you are going to petition against the development don't make the same crass school boy errors when sending letters of objection like those to Frank's app at Springbank farm. Also in response to HP news' post it isn't one individual who's profiting :clap

Higher-Poynton-News

Postby Higher-Poynton-News » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Apologies 2 individuals

Mr & Mrs Farrell ......

unspecified-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Poynton Forum”