And talking of the Roundels...

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

rafiki6

Re: And talking of the Roundels...

Postby rafiki6 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:36 pm

You can't get fairer than that. Wish all 'responsible' officers were as responsible.
R

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 pm

I do hope that those people who have been vocal on here take up Howard's offer. If they do, feedback would be most welcome.

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm

vmeldrew wrote:Sorry Neds, I disagree. The Forum is just that - a sounding board where local people can give public voice to their concerns. If WiggleyWoggled follows your advice and talks to HM, that's fine and a sensible course of action. But the comments here on the Forum are public issues and the points he/she (WigleyW) raises are very relevant to maintaining the standards of this very expensive scheme. One (perhaps only) benefit of the shared space scheme is that it improved the look of Park Lane. If that is systematically being undone that's an issue for us all. Ultimately, it was our money (and Waitrose's) that contributed to the scheme as well as our huge investment in frustration and lost time while the work was being done, together with more frustration as further delays are caused as a result of poor design, poor specification of materials and remedial and repair works, (supervised or not) which in all probability will be ongoing. Let's see more reporting of sinking paviours, pools of water, badly executed repairs and replacements and inappropriate surfaces. In my view, that's what the Forum is for...

No, that's what the Cheshire East Highways and roads page is for, if you can't be bothered to get out from behind your keyboard and go and see Howard Murray with your concerns. I have had success with reporting problems via that page.

You can give as much voice to your concerns on this forum as you like but there's no guarantee that anything will happen as a result.

vmeldrew

Postby vmeldrew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Sorry Amadaus, But I think you need to re-read what I wrote carefully and understand it, before you sound off.

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Amadeus wrote:No, that's what the Cheshire East Highways and roads page is for, if you can't be bothered to get out from behind your keyboard and go and see Howard Murray with your concerns. I have had success with reporting problems via that page.
You can give as much voice to your concerns on this forum as you like but there's no guarantee that anything will happen as a result.

vmeldrew wrote:Sorry Amadaus, But I think you need to re-read what I wrote carefully and understand it, before you sound off.

I keep reading your post VM and talking to your grandmothers cat is about as much use as your comment
below,
vmeldrew wrote:Sorry Neds, I disagree. The Forum is just that - a sounding board where local people can give public voice to their concerns. If WiggleyWoggled follows your advice and talks to HM, that's fine and a sensible course of action.In my view, that's what the Forum is for...

The forum is an unofficial sounding board with no recourse, authority or anything more useful than talking to your grandmothers cat i suggest you use the obliging offers VM to find out a few facts.

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Quite. Exactly what was wrong with my post, vmeldrew? What have I misunderstood?

vmeldrew

Postby vmeldrew » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Amadeus, Where, tell me, did I mention the Cheshire east Highways and roads page? I supported Neds suggestion that folk should go and talk to Howard Murray, but refuted his assertion that the Forum was not the place to comment on the state of Park Lane. What, for heaven's sake, was wrong with that? Forum, as I understand the meaning of the word is a public place where ideas can be discussed. Pardon me for joining in the discussion.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:26 pm

To clarify, my point was that while posting on here may make those people - if any - who are unaware of the problems aware of them, if you want to find out what will be done to resolve these problems, and the issues involved (which I'm sure are by no means straightforward), you need to talk to a man who knows. And who better than Howard Murray, whose brainchild it was, especially as he has very kindly agreed to give his time freely to anybody who wishes to discuss this with him.

The majority of people in Poynton think that the revitalisation scheme has been a great success, despite the obvious quality issues, and despite what appears to be the prevailing view on this forum - of which well under 10% of Poyntonians are members.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:38 pm

PUN February 10th wrote:The utilities companies continue to dig up the shared space area, filling with concrete and tarmac as a temporary measure while they source the matching stone from China. Poynton Town Council are working hard to hold the utility companies to account as they have a legal obligation to replace what they remove like for like.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:30 am

nedsram wrote:
PUN February 10th wrote:The utilities companies continue to dig up the shared space area, filling with concrete and tarmac as a temporary measure while they source the matching stone from China. Poynton Town Council are working hard to hold the utility companies to account as they have a legal obligation to replace what they remove like for like.

Makes no sense whatsoever, the benefit of paviors is that they can be taken up & then put back when work has finished. The blocks are stacked up against the side wall of Pizza Express. Why would they need to obtain more from China????? I've taken up & replaced blocks many times over the years!! :D. A water connection was made outside the bridal shop & the contractor used the same blocks there, not the best of workmanship, but they did it.

Return to “Poynton Forum”