And talking of the Roundels...

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Re: And talking of the Roundels...

Postby nedsram » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:39 pm

in Pizza Express thread I wrote:When I posted earlier, I was wondering what they had done with the original paving blocks. The problem is that these people are paid to fill holes, not to use their brains. It would probably have been quicker (and cheaper) just to re-lay the original paving blocks. But then what do I know?

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:01 pm

I red somewhere that Cheshire East council were sourcing paving bricks from China, why didn't they order spare bricks when the job was being done ?

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 pm

nedsram wrote:
in Pizza Express thread I wrote:When I posted earlier, I was wondering what they had done with the original paving blocks. The problem is that these people are paid to fill holes, not to use their brains. It would probably have been quicker (and cheaper) just to re-lay the original paving blocks. But then what do I know?

You are correct Neds the Stat authorities hav a 3 gang system, 1st gang excavate then connection gang & finally infill & finish, unfortunatly the management of these is poor & the finish gang have either Tarmac/bitmac/concrete but no common sense!!!!

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Desmo Man wrote:I red somewhere that Cheshire East council were sourcing paving bricks from China, why didn't they order spare bricks when the job was being done ?

Yes they are & yes they did. The left over blocks were stored in the yard(now for sale & getting many views/surveys) opp Bull Shed on London Rd Nth. Security amounted to some Heras fencing & the majority was stolen what remained was removed to who knows where by CE. This was mentioned on another thread recently

a523-junction

Postby a523-junction » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Clarky wrote:I think you are missing the point of my questions. Specifically if 'we' paid a considerable sum of money for a new road surface and in a fairly short space of time it started to substantially degrade (as it appears in some places), then I'm interested to know why?

Why was this road surface selected if it is not suitable for laying over 'carthorse tracks'? And, who selected it over an alternative such as tarmacadam?

Nedsram kindly answered the question re replacement paving (it was nicked) but I'm sure something similar could be found if there was a real desire. Tarmacadam patched in looks poor and it's a shame when we consider the level of original investment.

And who is paying for the repairs? Did the original contractor provide a warranty or guarantee? Are they paying for repairs? And if they are still involved, they should perhaps be fixing the poor drainage (e.g. outside the old Natwest) which from memory did not suffer in the same way prior to their installations.

I quite agree , as it took such a ridiculously long time to do , annoying motorists for so long it should have lasted a hundred years

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:03 am

Why on earth cant PTC or CEC put somebody up to answer these very sensible questions regarding the anomalies about the shared space and it's construction. Maybe a meeting in the town hall with PTC and CEC people answering questions on the shared space and it's deteriorating condition.

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Desmo Man wrote:Maybe a meeting in the town hall with PTC and CEC people answering questions on the shared space and it's deteriorating condition.

http://www.poyntontowncouncil.gov.uk/
1/2 way down, This Monday night 7:30pm off you go :)

I'm sure the operations manager at the Town council could tell you in about 1 minute exactly what is happening in less time than it took you to do your post if you contact them, then enlightened us all when you have the full story :)

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:02 pm

I don't know did not take very long

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Will you be attending the Town Council? There are lots of issues and Howard Murray has previously offered to discuss these with anybody who asks at a mutually convenient time, so you can expect honest answers to any questions that are raised. You could even take a stopwatch to time any statement by the operations manager. ;)

Clarky

Postby Clarky » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 am

nedsram wrote:...There are lots of issues and Howard Murray has previously offered to discuss these with anybody who asks at a mutually convenient time, so you can expect honest answers to any questions that are raised.

Indeed Cllr Murray has offered to meet with any individual interested. In fact I seem to recall Cllr Murray saying he takes full responsibility (though I have to say I very much doubt any single person could conceivably be responsible).

However, I think what would probably be more useful to the wider community, is if those people in a position of authority and knowledge answered the reasonable questions posed out in the open. This is a public forum which most if not all of the local community has access to.

For me at least, I'm not interested in vilifying the well intended actions of anyone. What I'm interested to know (and I think what should be published for the benefit of the wider community) is what the state of play is now.

For example

• were there or are there any warranties or guarantees in place by the contractor responsible for the installation?
• is there a plan to remedy the increasing degradation?

These are reasonable questions which I think deserve answers published for the benefit of the wider community. It might be the case there are plans for remedying the situation, in which case please share them.
Damnant quod non intellegunt

Return to “Poynton Forum”