Natwest Bank

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Desmo Man

Re: Natwest Bank

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 pm

I did hear that the guy who owns the place did not / does not want to put anymore investment into the building until he had heard about and was clear about the by pass and the relief road. When the bypass is open we could be living, as I have already mentioned in a backwater !

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Desmo Man wrote:I did hear that the guy who owns the place did not / does not want to put anymore investment into the building until he had heard about and was clear about the by pass and the relief road. When the bypass is open we could be living, as I have already mentioned in a backwater !

Take it you haven't spoken to Gary. Thought not.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Who on earth is Garry ? It was on this site or some other site that I remember the guy who owns the place saying that, or words to that affect !

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 pm

ODHSNM :clap

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Are you real ?

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:14 pm

ru WUM? I'm very real, want a pint & discuss??

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Desmo Man. Google is your friend (GIYF).

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Desmo Man wrote:.. When the bypass is open we could be living, as I have already mentioned in a backwater !

Wouldn’t that be wonderful if Poynton could once again be the peaceful leafy village it was thirty years ago. If the bypass had been built in the 80’s it could have deterred much of the following damage.

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Seems like it might be a good addition to Poynton.The indicative graphics show a name of 'McCabes' on the front. Presumably fictitious at the moment, but the steakhouse chain of the same name in the US is pretty pricey - not exactly a restaurant you'd go often to with your family, more of a special event place.

AnotherWhingerLike_U wrote:Wouldn’t that be wonderful if Poynton could once again be the peaceful leafy village it was thirty years ago. If the bypass had been built in the 80’s it could have deterred much of the following damage.

Judging from the National Library of Scotland's online OS maps, the last time 'Poynton Green' was a peaceful leafy village was 1872. And even then it had a couple of colliery railways running through it and noisy, smelly eyesores like coal mines. :lol:

If the 'bypass' had been built in the 80s we'd already have all the new houses now proposed in Poynton, Woodford, High Lane and Handforth, as there would have been the infrastructure to cope with it. New roads get built to fuel development, not to stop it. Their business case is entirely based on how much economic growth they will add.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:27 pm

AndrewJ wrote:Seems like it might be a good addition to Poynton.The indicative graphics show a name of 'McCabes' on the front. Presumably fictitious at the moment, but the steakhouse chain of the same name in the US is pretty pricey - not exactly a restaurant you'd go often to with your family, more of a special event place.

Andrew, nothing fictitious at all & nothing to do with a US steakhouse!!!! It's Gary McCabe former owner of the Miners Arms & rest home on Street Lane.

Return to “Poynton Forum”