· Cheshire East Highways last week treated the network only on one occasion, overall the weather has been on the mild side and temperatures above average for late March.
· High pressure will be influencing most, bringing plenty of dry and increasingly sunny weather with the strong spring sunshine any early mist and fog will clear quickly and it will become rather warm by day, although the nights will be chilly at times. Towards the end of next week we may start to see more changeable weather spreading in from the west. Towards the second week of April it is likely to see more unsettled and colder conditions across the north west.
OUT OF HOURS CONTACTS
Duty Officer contact details for out of hours Winter services and out of hours highway emergencies (available to Members only) are as follows:
· For all Winter Service issues, e.g. salting or snow clearance activities, contact the Winter Duty Officer on 01270 371271, or alternatively, contact Mark Swindells, Adverse Weather Manager, on 07810 637921
· For all other Highway matters and temporary traffic signals, contact 01270 371141
· Street Lighting and permanent traffic Signals, contact 01270 375102
The out of hours number available to all other service users for emergency contact is 0300 123 5020.
· 45 safety defects were identified and repaired in your area this week. These are Level 1 repairs – ‘keeping the highway safe’.
· Hope Lane Adlington: Work to install a new no through road sign is programmed for Monday 3rd April
· Willowmead Drive Prestbury: A drain investigation dig up and repair is programmed for 6th – 10th April
The urban highway verges are generally in a very good condition despite some ground conditions remaining wet. We are continuing to assess daily to ensure that areas remain with specification.
· Middlewood Road, Poynton: Carriageway /Retaining Wall construction. This work was scheduled for completion on 9th April 2017. However, complications with the installation of the VRS on site will delay the opening of Middlewood Road. Additional anchorage is required to ensure the barriers are fitted to the standard required. The road will be resurfaced by 9th April, but will not re-open until the barriers have been installed. It is expected to take an additional 3 weeks to install the VRS’, although completion date will be confirmed by Friday 7th April.
· Shrigley Road Pot Shrigley: Following a further RTC, repairs are scheduled for Monday 6th March and are expected to be completed within 2 weeks. The Road Safety team are looking into this stretch of road and the potential cause of the recent spate of RTC’s. The repair of the retaining wall was to be completed by Friday(yesterday), however the lights will need to remain on until Monday to enable the scaffolding to be removed safely.
STREET LIGHTING REPLACEMENT PROGRAMME
· This programme of work will see Cheshire East Highways replacing lighting columns and lanterns with state-of-the-art Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology. Programmed locations, identified based on the results of a borough wide structural testing programme, will be notified to you separately by Katie Henshall, as and when any columns get scheduled within your respective Wards.
Electricity North West are carrying out works at the following locations;
· Towers Road, Macclesfield until 7th April 2017 using two way signals to excavate to repair underground mains.
· Clumber Road, Poynton until 4th April 2017 using multiphase signals to excavate joint bay for new supply
· Dickens Lane, Poynton until 4th April 2017 using multiphase signals to excavate joint bay for new supply
The remaining in progress works are confined to the non principal network.
BT Openreach are proposing to carry out works at the following locations;
· Lees Lane, Mottram between 11th – 18th April 2017 using multi phase signals to access underground and overhead structures for fibre cabling for new customer connection
· Woodford Lane, Mottram between 11th – 18th April 2017 using multi phase signals to access underground and overhead structures for fibre cabling for new customer connection
· Mill Lane, Mottram between 11th – 18th April 2017 using multi phase signals to access underground and overhead structures for fibre cabling for new customer connection
· Wilmslow Road, Prestbury between 11th – 18th April 2017 using multi phase signals to access underground and overhead structures for fibre cabling for new customer connection
United Utilities are proposing to carry out works at
· Brookledge Lane, Adlington on 5th April 2017 using two way signals to replace stop tap
· Market Street, Disley on 5th April 2017 using multiphase signals to replace dangerous frame and cover
· London Road South, Poynton on 5th April 2017 using two way signals to replace manhole frame and cover
· Scott Road, Prestbury between 3rd – 5th April 2017 using two way signals to disconnect service
Electricity North West are proposing to carry out works at Mill Lane, Adlington on 9th April 2017 using multiphase signals for disconnection
The remaining proposed works are confined to the non principal network.
Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 4540
- Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:35 pm
- Location: Poynton (board admin)
Courtesy of Howard Murray.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hovis47 and 8 guests