Housing Development

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: Housing Development

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Us Poyntonians do :clap :clap Wimpey actually called it Brookside Estate, it was locally called Wimpey estate to differentiate from the Williamson houses.

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:43 pm

…… the plot Before 17/1676M ……

…..the plot After 17/1676M …..

….. My only 'puzzle' is the location of the note :- 'Proposed Refuse Collection Point ' ….. they surely can't expect the bin wagon to reverse down there for 8 wheelie bins (4 properties); or 4 wheelie bins alternate weeks.
What currently happens with the present properties? … mind you; the alternative of an extra 8 bins at the end of the drive onto Park Lane doesn't really bode well for pedestrians on that congested bit of footpath …. that's IF the parked cars leave a big enough gap !!

Last edited by SK121NZ on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Foto not the entrance! That's Brook House Farm entrance.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:59 pm

& bin collection is from Park La, like further up, no wagons going down entrance. Do read the planning app!!!!!!

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:11 pm

POYNTONIAN 1 wrote:Foto not the entrance! That's Brook House Farm entrance.

... well spotted POYNTONIAN 1, I did wonder at the time :oops:

... corrected view here :

.... doesn't look any easier.
Yes I did look at the application ...... which is exactly why I posed my query re 'note on Proposed Bin Collection area location' for those extra 8 bins :?

The bin men WONT GO DOWN TO THAT AREA TO GET THEM, NOR PUT 'EM BACK ... :!: :!: ... so where will they go on bin day :?: :?:
... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Prob left by homeowners against Richard's or Norman's gable ends(hope you've got a memory :clap ). When emptied prob littered all over the footpath/entrance as that's the usual result when the binmen leave!!!!

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Thu May 24, 2018 12:47 am

Well the fun has started and it is a pity those who thought this shoehorn development was a good idea were not about Tuesday morning. A previous message contributor above (April 9th) included a good photo of the narrow access between two houses. Never mind bin lorries, a big low loader with a demolition digger on top was trying to reverse into the passage with about a foot of space each side. It was close to totalling a lamp standard projecting over the pathway, one of the sodium type presumably still the responsibility of the town council. We pedestrians were told to wait well clear while this excitement took place and the low loader had to move back towards the Park Lane access in order to get the digger unloaded. Things will really heat up when ready mix trucks and heavily loaded brick lorries have to edge through and cross the vulnerable looking bridge over the stream. This is the first indication of a new hazard to the pedestrians, including many high school pupils, who use this signed right of way and which will continue to exist when the houses are occupied. At least the Clifford Road style option of knocking down a couple of houses acquired for access was avoided - this time.

Return to “Poynton Forum”