Park Lane pavement patching again.

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

yewtreeman

Park Lane pavement patching again.

Postby yewtreeman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:03 am

Unless I have missed it (apologies if so) nobody has commented on the new black tarmac pavement patching close to the Strand hair salon. This was the result of a 'quick hit' job using a powered cutter by Electricity North West last weekend. (At least that was on the side of the vehicles.) Missing blocks nowhere to be seen. Sadly there is likely to be more of this when a contractor sees what has already been allowed nearby and takes the 'that's alright then' view. It is worth remembering how much the aesthetic paving works in Park Lane cost us taxpayers.

Poyntonresident

Re: Park Lane pavement patching again.

Postby Poyntonresident » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:37 pm

How much did it cost us? each?

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Was it not paid for by S106 (now CIL) money by Waitrose and others ? Therefore nothing to you? (Well apart from an extra 'tax' you pay on everything you buy from Waitrose to cover the cost)

Similar to new housing (and other developments) where the developer pays CIL (aka a sweetener by another name ?) for local'ish' improvements.
The end result though is in reality the new homeowners all have an extra £10/20/30 grand stuck on the price of their homes to pay back by mortgage or whatever means.
And if it's another type of development you pay a higher price for the goods from that store/development to cover the 'inflated' development costs associated with the CIL.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/community-i ... cture-levy

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/2 ... cture_levy

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:02 pm

With the assistance of Google, CIL is Community Infrastructure Levy and S106 refers to section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. If you want to use obscure acronyms, please say what they mean. Thanks.

keioak

Postby keioak » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Absolutely amazed at Park Lane bodge up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:58 pm

I reported that manhole twice approx 3wks ago that it had become loose due to being in paviors & had developed death rattle, that's the councils response!!!!!!!

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Anybody that is connected or responsible for a "bodge" like that should be sacked instantly.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:48 pm

If the council is really responsible for that botched job, I suspect that Howard Murray among others will be less than amused. Are you sure it was the council and not whichever utility was responsible for the manhole?

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Neds I'm pretty sure but can't 100% prove it, I reported 3 potholes & the shifted manhole on Park La & stressed that the cause was the nature of the paviors around the frame. A couple of days later all had been filled with Tarmac, I actually saw (Dodgy) Dodson filling 1 on Dickens La

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Filling 1 what? 'a pothole' ? What have potholes got to do with 'utility covers' (apart from being a weak spot therefore making adjacent areas more susceptible to potholes).

I hope you don't get a joiner to fix your electrics PoyntonIan just because they are both 'tradespeople' so do the same 'type' of work :shock:
I've reported a few potholes but unless they meet RingwayJacobs 'spec' (aka working on behalf CE) they won't see much attention. As "bodge it and scarper" the utility companies need to be held accountable for their infrastructure and contractors.

Return to “Poynton Forum”