Cheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Rostervor

Re: Cheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Postby Rostervor » Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 am

SK12 s map does show the problem faced by Poynton West residents but the routing/timetable does show Middlewood Road so my interpretation would be that the route would be from Green Lane, down Middlewood Road to Hockley and not returning via Coppice Road. But there again it also shows Spring Bank Lane, Roundy Lane, Pedley Hill, after Green Lane when heading towards Hazel Grove.
From what I see in the new proposals, the only routing being removed is that through Poynton West. All other routes being axed are fully covered by replacement services.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon May 08, 2017 12:34 pm

There is a possible solution to this problem, which is to use the revised 392 route from Macclesfield to Poynton, then instead of going straight to Hazel Grove, go via Chester Road and Woodford Road. The only people in Poynton to lose out would be those living on or near London Road North, and people wishing to take the bus to Brookside Garden Centre.

My interpretation was also that it goes one way to Middlewood via Middlewood Road, and the other way via Green Lane. However there is so much noise and impossible juxtaposition in their "route outline" that it's impossible to be sure. Yes, a map of the route would be more than useful. So would some proof reading.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Mon May 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Therefore based on current facts and the maps available by our illustrious contributors - would a resident of the area around Coppice Road/Shrigley Road be able to board a bus and travel down Coppice Road into the centre of Poynton and return by that route? :?

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Mon May 08, 2017 2:27 pm

You tell us:-
Macclesfield Bus Station, Mill Street, Mill Lane, Silk Road, Beech Lane, Manchester Road, Badger Road, Brocklehurst Way, Silk Road,
Bollington Road, Clark Lane, Oak Road, Kerridge Bulls Head, Jacksons Lane, Grimshaw Lane, Wellington Road, Palmerston Street, Shrigley Road, Brookledge Lane,
Wood Lane South, Wood Lane West, Moggie Lane, Dickens Lane, Waterloo Road, Coppice Road, Shrigley Road North,Green Lane
Spring Bank Lane, Roundy Lane, Pedley Hill,,Middlewood Road, Park Lane, Bulkeley Road, Clumber Road, Dickens Lane, Vernon Road, Copperfield Road, Dickens Lane
London Road North, Hazel Grove Park & Ride
Return as reverse of outward route to the Silk Road then Sunderland Street, Queen Victoria Street to Macclesfield Bus Station
Route Description
Macclesfield Bus Station, Mill Street, Mill Lane, Silk Road, Beech Lane, Manchester Road, Dorchester Way, Manchester Road, Tytherington Lane
Bollington Road, Princess Road, Heath Road, Crossfield Road, South West Avenue,Henshall Road. Palmerston Street, Shrigley Road, Brookledge Lane,
Wood Lane South, Wood Lane West, Moggie Lane, Dickens Lane, Waterloo Road, Coppice Road, Shrigley Road North,Green Lane
Spring Bank Lane, Roundy Lane, Pedley Hill,,Middlewood Road, Park Lane, Bulkeley Road, Clumber Road, Dickens Lane, Vernon Road, Copperfield Road, Dickens Lane
Return as reverse of outward route to the Silk Road then Sunderland Street, Queen Victoria Street to Macclesfield Bus Station

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Mon May 08, 2017 3:59 pm

I suspect not?

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm

No a passenger to Poynton from Coppice Road and Shrigley Road North would if this proposal came off would need to get the Hazel Grove bound service via Green Lane , Middlewood Road and Hockley.

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 pm

.... an updated personal interpretation of Route 'F' at the Poynton / Hazel Grove end (does NOT include Bollington / Macclesfield end).... thank you all for your input :oops:

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 am

Cheshire East wrote:Cheshire East bus service review

Consultation
Thank you for your interest in the consultation for the bus service review. The consultation starts on the 18 May. If you have any queries please email bus.review@cheshireeast.gov.uk

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks rostervor. They will certainly be hearing from me!

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Fri May 19, 2017 7:37 am

The latest blurb out on this matter is at:-
http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_ ... eview.aspx
It contains dates for "a series of staffed events across the borough where you can find out more information:" together with an 'on line' comments form.

I wonder what my ethnicty or the fact that I may be pregnant or on maternity leave has to do with using the bus !!!!!!!!!!! :?

Return to “Poynton Forum”