Poynton Bus Changes 1st April - Selwyns 391 / 392 Timetable now available

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Rostervor

Re: Cheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Postby Rostervor » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I thought the services were to be call the F1 & F2.
Is there a timetable to go with the services yet?

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:25 pm

F1 & F2 were only CEC internal codes, probably used for tender purposes.

D&G have registered a new service 88 Knutsford - Macclesfield (part subsidised) and service 89 Knutsford - Northwich service.

High Peak have won and registered an updated service 19 Macclesfield - Prestbury service.

Timetables should all be available shortly via the CEC website and traveline shortly.

The P1 is pending cancellation registered on 2nd Feb, effective 1st Feb, though I think it is a typo unless it has ceased operating?

oldie

Re: Chheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Postby oldie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

On the subject of transport. The Poynton to Manchester train service was to have gone half hourly from May.
This will no longer be happening.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 pm

oldie wrote:On the subject of transport. The Poynton to Manchester train service was to have gone half hourly from May.
This will no longer be happening.

It isn't yet 100% certain it won't happen, they are currently looking to split the Stoke/ Macclesfield-Blackpool services at Oxford Road or Deansgate. Deansgate would work as there is a reversal siding across from Manchester United football ground which is currently used once a day Monday-Friday by the 1710 Deansgate - Stoke.

They are also looking to operate a number of additional Northern services via Eccles and Wigan and remove the TPE calls at Wigan which they currently have to create an extra path.

Watch this space.....

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:12 pm

If they are planning to run some trains through to Blackpool, can we assume that they will be electric? The target date for completion of electrification to Preston and Blackpool appears to be May - or is this as accurate as the A6MARR completion date?

oldie

Postby oldie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Yes they are to be electric. Herein lies the problem that the overhead wiring in the Bolton area won’t be finished in time. Surprise Surprise.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:38 pm

The wires are running about 5 months late due to unmapped mine shafts causing issues in laying the mast foundations so the aim is to finish in October and services go live December 2018.

All services are due to be electric operated by the existing trains we have now until the new ones are ready. Therefore until the wires are ready they are looking into contingency plans running a seperate electric and diesel services or operating via Eccles (line electrified in the last few years) and Wigan

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:48 pm

The new 391/392 timetable is now available on the CEC

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/pdf/public-transport/bus-review/391-392-macclesfield-bollington-kerridge-poynton-stockport-01.04.18.pdfwebsite.

Of note is that the timetable doesn't show times at Poynton Church and doesn't indicate fully if journeys which omit Vernon Estate do or don't serve Dickens Lane.

I have emailed for clarification on this point.

Update: Transport Service Solutions have confirmed all journeys will serve the lower section of Dickens Lane. Poynton Church has been removed due to the shared space.

turdo170

Re: Poynton Bus Changes 1st April - 391 / 392 Timetable now available

Postby turdo170 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:27 am

I have also emailed them about the 0648 as to whether it operates via Coppice Road as per the indicated timings. I will update in due course.

Update: 0648 Middlewood - Stockport will operate via Coppice Road. They will amend the timetable to show this in due courss.

The new routes are:

391 Macclesfield - (Churchill Way Off Peak Only) - Beech Lane - Tytherington Badger Road - Kerridge - Bollington - Higher Poynton - Middlewood - Hockley - Clumber Road -
Vernon Estate (most) - Dickens Lane - Poynton Station - Woodford Road - Hazel Grove Station - Stockport

392 As above except Tytherington Dorchester Way and South Western Avenue instead of Badger Road and Kerridge.
Last edited by turdo170 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 am

turdo170 wrote:
It isn't yet 100% certain it won't happen, they are currently looking to split the Stoke/ Macclesfield-Blackpool services at Oxford Road or Deansgate. Deansgate would work as there is a reversal siding across from Manchester United football ground which is currently used once a day Monday-Friday by the 1710 Deansgate - Stoke.

The extra services always used to terminate at Deansgate until 8 or 9 years ago, until they were cut back (only that 1710 remaining!), so I guess it is just a matter of reinstating the same services, unless the paths have since been taken by other services. However they may as well wait and get it right.

I think eventually all services will be electric, but I wouldn't have thought that they'd have enough trains at the moment to be able to do that - the new timetable requires more trains for longer journeys! May be wrong though, it is surprising what a short extra bit of line can do to improve service options.

Return to “Poynton Forum”