Cheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nowthensithe

Re: Cheshire Bus Cuts - The Latest (Poynton)

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am

Noted also the reference to ' the village '.

Have we returned to what was. For many Poynton residents it has always been a village since Ernie ran the Farmers and Greasy Gwen's chippie.

And yes I have raised my objections to the proposed changes.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:33 am

Having a couple of spare minutes, I have just compared the current 392 time table to the proposed one incorporating part of the P1 route.
On the proposed 392 route which will be followed into Poynton and then back on its current route to Hazel Grove they have increased the running time from 37 minutes to 42 minutes leaving 15 minutes to cover under half the current P1 route.
Had they left the running times as they were, using the proposed route in East Poynton, and then completing it in West Poynton to Hazel Grove as it does now it could easily be completed in the 20 minutes in Poynton.
The current P1 route takes 27 minutes in its entirety :?

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm

nowthensithe wrote:Noted also the reference to ' the village '.

Have we returned to what was. For many Poynton residents it has always been a village since Ernie ran the Farmers and Greasy Gwen's chippie.

That old chestnut. I searched my old posts because I knew I'd done this before. And what do I find, Howard's post was in reply to you!

And I also found this.

Like nedsram said then either village or town is officially acceptable. And I still prefer village.

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am

adab wrote:I was reading through the Bus Services Review and noted that we are the only key service centre identified as having large areas where residents will have no public transport access to the facilities in their own town (e.g. Dr's, dentist, postal service, banks, schools, leisure centre) etc.

I had already concluded that Poynton is a key service centre for the motorist. With the demise of all remote corner shops, the addition of drive in supermarkets and new major road links.
There is no reason why remote large areas of housing estates cannot support a local (to them) corner shop and facilities, apart from the attitude that the car is king.

nedsram

Cheshire East Council Supported Bus Service Review Consultation

Postby nedsram » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Cheshire East Council wrote:Cheshire East Council has developed proposals for changes to supported (subsidised) bus services and flexible transport (Little Bus) across the Borough. The attached information booklet contains more detail about the reasons for the proposals, how we have undertaken the proposals and how each supported bus service is affected.

The consultation on the proposals will close on Wednesday 26th July 2017.

You can let us know your views on the proposals by:

Visiting http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/busreview and completing the questionnaire online
Email your comments to bus.review@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Printing and completing the attached questionnaire and returning it freepost to:

Freepost Plus RSJJ—YTHC—CHZK,
Research and Consultation,
Cheshire East Council, Westfields,
Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ

We look forward to hearing your views on these proposals.

If you would like this information in another format, please contact us on:

Telephone: 0300 123 55 00
Email: EqualityAndInclusion@cheshireeast.gov.uk
Web: http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk

I've attached the information booklet and questionnaire.

Bus Service Review 2017 - Information booklet.pdf

Bus Service Review 2017 - Questionnaire.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Cheshire East have released the consultation results for the supported bus services http://moderngov.cheshireeast.gov.uk/documents/s58264/Bus%20Review%20Presentation%20for%20Scrutiny%20Committee%20September%202017%20-%20Final%202.pdf

Our bus routes got the 2nd and 3rd highest responses from the consultation.

The consultation feedback will now be incorporated into the review and recommendations made to be presented to the cabinet on the 7th November for approval. One of the things they have highlighted as being taken into account during this phase is the May 2018 Northern Timetables - this of course includes 2tph between Poynton - Macclesfield and Manchester.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 am

In addition to this changes to the P1 timetable have been announced for the 30th October.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:01 pm

And those would be?

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Just checked Traveline and they are reducing the end to end timetable for Off Peak journeys knocking a few minutes off in each direction and all journeys on Saturday.

No changes to the route. Not sure if it is anything to do with them being hauled in by the traffic commissioner for an enquiry into Transport Act breaches.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Update having analysed the timetable data - The journey time reduction for off peak and Saturday service will be 5 minutes in Middlewood direction and 4 minutes in the Hazel Grove direction - there will be no change to departure time from Middlewood or Hazel Grove Argyle Street but the service will depart Poynton Church at approximately xx46 and xx14 between 1100 and 1400 and after 1800.

Return to “Poynton Forum”