Woodford Rd, Poynton. Closed

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Re: Woodford Rd, Poynton. Closed

Postby nedsram » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:23 pm

CEC have just announced another closure, Tuesday 24th October 2017 to Wednesday 25th October 2017.

The last one didn't happen. I wonder if this one will?

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

The bike lane across the new bridge appears to be on the opposite side of the road to that in the planning application! Hope they don't have to knock it all down again. :lol: Having the lane as it is now, on the east side, is probably the better side actually, if they ever fill in the 30 yard 'missing link' to Lower Park Road (either down the verge or across the field next to the houses on Woodford Road). You do still have to try and cross a busy 40mph road without a crossing point though if you want to reach the A6MARR cycle track or the 'dog kennel' track to Bramhall. In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't cost much to add a tiger crossing in (zebra crossing for cycle and pedestrians).

http://a6marr.stockport.gov.uk/746597/809708/809751/810270

Also, why not make the new footpath on the south side of the new road a bridleway or cycle way too? It looks like it will be wide enough. At present there is a bizarre situation where you have a bridge or tunnel across the road for cycles, but then ends abruptly in a footpath. Again, there would be only about a 100m missing link to link Glastonbury drive to Mill Hill Hollow, converting the former footpaths 37 and 3 which are tarmacced a lot of the way anyway. Then you are starting to get a decent offroad route into Hazel Grove too, as well as Bramhall. And who knows, if Stockport's new Ladybrook Cycleway ever gets extended past Bramhall then maybe offroad all the way to Cheadle too... Ah, I can dream. :)

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:14 am

AndrewJ wrote: You do still have to try and cross a busy 40mph road without a crossing point though....................

Is this the same road that Cheshire East Highways describe as (and I quote from more than 1 conversations with them) " a quiet country road with not much traffic"
The same road it can take me 2 minutes to cross because of the constant stream of traffic.
The same road that they say does not warrant a 30 mph through the residential parts in line with Middlewood Road.
The same road which now has a hidden dip since the realignment for the bridge.

No..................it must be a different one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:38 pm

AndrewJ wrote:The bike lane across the new bridge appears to be on the opposite side of the road to that in the planning application! Hope they don't have to knock it all down again.

There is also supposed to be a cycle ramp from the northeast side of the bridge to the cycleway next to the eastbound carriageway. I can't see any provision for any such link. If they put the cycleway on the south side of the bridge, it can't link to the ramp. You can see the PROW plan here.

Rostervor wrote:No one travels at 20 anyway

Just now the driver of the car in front slowed down from about 35 to 15 when he reached the 20 speed limit sign, and proceeded to crawl all the way to the 40 sign at that speed. No doubt if we'd asked him why he was going at 15 mph, he'd have pointed out that his speed was reading 20, and in any case "it's against the law to speed".

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:34 pm

nedsram wrote:CEC have just announced another closure, Tuesday 24th October 2017 to Wednesday 25th October 2017.

The last one didn't happen. I wonder if this one will?

Confirmed that the road WILL be closed on these dates to enable bridge expansion joints and another couple of smaller job to be completed.

Return to “Poynton Forum”