Garage Development on London Road North

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Desmo Man

Re: Garage Development on London Road North

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:36 pm

I can remember when the "doom mongers" were telling us about the dangers that Aldi would cause with all the traffic entering and exiting their car park, and the long traffic q's that would be caused, and the danger of vehicles turning against oncoming traffic.

The planners will make sure that this development will not be a eye sore, with what you state will be a concrete and metal construction, they will also make sure that vehicles entering and leaving this development will cause no traffic problems. where is the loud music going to come from ?, You seem to have some very funny ideas about the noise and smells that you say will be emitted from this garage, modern garages do not have this problem, the environment people make sure that any exhaust noise will be muted and smells and exhaust fumes are filtered in a responsible and suitable ( legal ) way. If the environment people consider a water waste management system to be safe, why do you seem to be questioning this option ? If you own or drive a motor car you should know that garages and repair establishments are responsible people and their businesses operate within the environment that they are in, I presume that you take notice of the garage that services and repairs you car when to collect it from them.

You will also notice that I have not lowered myself to become personnel with this blog towards you, and I am not trying to wind people up ! by the way what is a WUM ?.

Personally I would like to see a nice modern motor cycle business on this site,which I believe could become a possibility.

I have lived in Poynton for the last 38 years, I have seen it grow from a smallish village to a largish village, communities need to grow and businesses what ever they are are need to continue this growth , Poynton certainly needs a business like this.

John Boy

Postby John Boy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:32 pm

I am not making any judgements here regarding any contributors but I think Sir Galahad was questioning if Desmo Man was being a 'Wind Up Merchant' (WUM). I did wonder if Desmo Man's recent posts on this matter were as a result of the account having been hacked as they were so succinct.

As for the issue of a tyre / exhaust / garage type premises I am not sure it is really the best use of the land there, especially as there are two industrial orientated areas within a mile of the village.

I also wonder why the propesed site requires two illuminated signs - are they to be lit for all hours? Surely during the day it will be obvious & if remaining lit during closed hours it will most likely be an eyesore.

Personally I am still suspicious of this application as I do not think it is the best location for such a venture.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 pm

My first reactions were that the site is too small and the location inappropriate. There is surely space on the industrial estate for such a venture. Access will be an issue, but if Kwik Fit in Davenport is anything to go by, vehicle movements will be minimal. Trying to turn right out of Kwik Fit can be interesting; I speak from experience.

Desmo Man is entitled to state his views, even if they are minority views. After all we are supposed to value free speech in this country. He is certainly not a WUM.

Why not join the Poynton Pick and Tidy event on Saturday, and take the opportunity to have a close look at the site.

nevab

Postby nevab » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:49 pm

I've lived here for 30 years and seem to be one of the few that actually welcome new ventures in housing and business to Poynton.

I'd prefer a good business to be making money out of site (hopefully they are good!) than it sat there acting as a mini landfill site that nobody will use.
A cafe there would be an awful business venture, unless you had loads of cash to pump in and weren't concerned about a return.
I'm sure we would all prefer a cafe, but it's not viable.

Return to “Poynton Forum”