120 new homes adjacent to the Bird Estate, access via 199 Chester Rd

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

carlsh

120 new homes adjacent to the Bird Estate, access via 199 Chester Rd

Postby carlsh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Noticed this planning application on the planning portal this evening:

http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/applicationdetails.aspx?pr=17/3896M&row=14&query=85bbef52a64f465fa7e700911d785512&from=i

Is this old news? I don't remember seeing any talk of it before on here. The development butts up right against the edge of Heron Drive, Bittern Close and Dunlin Close.

carlsh

Re: 120 new homes adjacent to the Bird Estate, access via 199 Chester Rd

Postby carlsh » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:33 pm

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:13 am

It's one of the areas earmarked for development.

tankie615

Postby tankie615 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:26 pm

See my post 12th July.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:28 am

I like how we have imaginery bus services to Cheadle, Didsbury and Manchester in that document.

oldie

Postby oldie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:13 am

Turdo. They perhaps thought that North Western Road Car Company were still running the 32 service 50 years on.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:02 am

Walk to Woodford and get the 42B perhaps?

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I expect they used a journey planner such as TfGM's. It does indeed show the best public transport route from here to Didsbury as being the 42B bus, with the nearest stop 11 minutes walk away from the site. This is the 'extensive' bus network. To get to Manchester city centre it doesn't give any bus-only journeys, but suggests you would take the same bus to Cheadle Hulme and catch the train, or walk to Poynton station (14 mins) and catch the train.

Whoever wrote the access statement probably hasn't even visited the site yet, but there is probably some rule that says if a bus stop is less than a mile away then it ticks the box for public transport.

Just like the Hazelbadge Road documents, the map showing local facilities seems to contain some things relocated to be slightly closer than they actually are (so conveniently moving them within the 20 minute walk zone) and/or imaginary things too.

Also quite amusing to see that they say that it is good for cycling (as the Middlewood way is 'only' 4km away), then their indicative plans show no space for cycling at all, or any links to the extremely close Poynton Bypass and its proposed cycle path.

At least they've acknowledged that they can't build here without first knocking down at least 1 existing house! When I first saw this spot on the local plan I'd thought they were going to try and link from the Bird Estate, or through the tiny gap for the farm access/public footpath. Instead all the traffic will have to come out onto Chester Road right at the junction for A6MARR. Great accessibility. I can't think that any problems would be caused by that. :-)

What this end of town needs is a convenience store, especially if there are another 120 houses (maybe another 400+ people). If they are knocking houses down why not build a store on the corner of the main road too?

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:54 pm

There are indeed other areas of the village that need a convenience store.

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:32 pm

tankie615 wrote:See my post 12th July.
….

tankie615 wrote:ainscough strategic land (sic), have 'popped' a newsletter through my letterbox. They are telling me that they are preparing to build 120 new homes on my doorstep. They seem very confident as they say their plan has been backed by the Planning Inspector (that's told us!), and looks set to be formally adopted later this year.

Bird Estate3d.jpg

….. anyone remember three years ago (before the Inspector called The Cheshire East Local Plan back in) ….

http://cheshireeast-consult.limehouse.c ... le/3110805

Examination into Cheshire East Local Plan
Matter 8 - Infrastructure

Representation Ref: 649516
on behalf of Persimmon Homes
September 2014

Re: Poynton Relief Road

Persimmon Homes wrote:It is noted that funding is required from developments and there is currently an £11 million funding gap and the viability of the scheme is therefore not assured. There would be an opportunity for a proportion of this gap (or potentially the whole) to be funded through the development nearby sites for uses such as housing. Developers have a key role in meeting the funding shortfall and broader delivery of such key infrastructure, while also utilising land efficiently to meet housing needs.

http://cheshireeast-consult.limehouse.c ... 58&do=view

…… or these comments are for 'this section Poynton'

mr michael kingsley (ID: 586279) , estate of marques kingsley dec'd  (Post Town: poynton) wrote:
8. Lostock Hall Farm to the south of Poynton station, which is crossed by the Poynton Relief Road, is available to accommodate the requisite 500 houses and fully complies with the criteria for allocation. It should therefore be allocated as a strategic allocation within this part of the Plan, particularly since we are prepared to contribute the requisite deficit of £10,000,000 from its development.

I wonder if under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, contributions were sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, (ie The Poynton Relief Road), the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place?
 This funding is commonly known as 'Section 106'.

It is important to note that S106 monies may therefore only be spent on facilities where the new development has, at least in part, contributed to the need for the facilities.  S106 funding is available for capital projects only.  Revenue funding towards on-going running costs is not available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Poynton Forum”