Old Co-op, Coppice Road, planning application

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

tarboat

Old Co-op, Coppice Road, planning application

Postby tarboat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:36 am

Planning application for site of old Co-op on Coppice Road.

http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/app ... 12a&from=i

gavin

Re: Old Co-op, Coppice Road, planning application

Postby gavin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Well let's hope this goes ahead, the site has been a complete eyesore for many years now.

Gavin

adab

Postby adab » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 pm

I can't see the neighbours to the north being quite so keen to get a 2 storey mass running along the side of their back garden shading their back windows and garden. But, so long as it keeps Poynton nice and tidy looking and the money from the new builds rolling in I suppose their amenity will count for little to some people.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:28 pm

adab wrote:I can't see the neighbours to the north being quite so keen to get a 2 storey mass running along the side of their back garden shading their back windows and garden. But, so long as it keeps Poynton nice and tidy looking and the money from the new builds rolling in I suppose their amenity will count for little to some people.

They knew the old co-op site was going to be developed when they bought the property relatively recently & then vastly extended their property! Glass houses????!!!

adab

Postby adab » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Although the neighbours have extended their property quite considerably, they don't seem to have a 2 storey extension that crosses the building line of the adjacent properties (I am assuming the large mass at the back is single storey). Their extension wouldn't then compare to having a 2 storey extension running along a back garden area extending 13m past the adjacent properties, even with a flat roof. The property on the other side would have this almost in their direct line of sight due to the angle of their building starting only a few m away from their rear windows.

Two storey with the building line and then single storey beyond would seem more reasonable to me.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 am

The adjacent property will not be shaded by the new build as the sun's path is on the opposite side.

adab

Postby adab » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 pm

True. One side will be shaded. The other side will have a view of a 2 storey brick wall starting a few m from their rear windows. Nice!

Return to “Poynton Forum”