Park Lane

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Poynton

Park Lane

Postby Poynton » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Park Lane is well named tonight. There are at least 10 cars all parked right across the pavement near to the fish and chip shop and dentist. They have left no room to get past without diverting into the shared space road. Pity it is so dark that I can't make eye contact with the drivers.

I was able to make contact with the lady who nearly wiped me out - she explained she thought she was parking in a designated parking bay as there were so many cars parked on the pavement.

Have to say that Waitrose car park was very quiet and so probably safer to walk the dog in the car park

Desmo Man

Re: Park Lane

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Parking on Park lane at any time of the day has been a problem for a while now, if there is a by law against it it should be enforced and people hit in their pockets, hard ! Parking is also becoming a problem at the junction of School lane and Parklands way ( as has already been mentioned ) this lunchtime there was a Q of five stationary cars waiting to proceed along Parklands way because one of the residents was having a problem reversing her car out because of the cars parked there, the occupants of these cars were I presume in Coffano, Why on earth cant these people, and the people who park on the pavement on Park lane use what holds their ears apart and Park in the civic car park, and why cant the management of Coffano ask their customers to be more aware of the problem that they are causing.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:33 pm

In very simple terms the drivers are lazy and work on the principal - the near I can park the better. It will not change. As for Cofano do we really think they will offer their customers a parking place a walk away?

Poynton

Postby Poynton » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

The lady who nearly wiped me out yesterday said she didn't realise that the pavement wasn't a parking area as so many cars were parked up.

In order to get the car onto the pavement length wise she had to touch the planters outside a shop.

I would have normally just crossed the road but the other side was just as bad.

I noticed that the owner of Loziewoo had put planters out to try and stop parking outside her shop only to find that within weeks one had been damaged by a car.

It did occur to me that as we apparently need to build more houses and the town council object to the requests to build on Dickens Lane and near the Bird estate the other prime site would be the car park !

Poynton

Postby Poynton » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Busy again tonight with a police van and police car parked up on the pavement. I was able to get a great photo of the car parked under the no parking sign ...

I have not posted the pictures as I spoke to one of the police officers who said they were out of area to provide high visibility assurance to local residents- not sure illegal parking to buy take aways were what their senior officers had in mind but I was assured that the message would be passed on - hopefully acted on

Return to “Poynton Forum”