Poynton Relief Road update

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Poynton Relief Road update

Postby nedsram » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm

This is taken from the latest PUN, but I thought it worth reproducing it in a separate thread.

PUN October 4th wrote:Cheshire East Council have informed us that both they and Stockport Borough Council
approved the planning applications for Poynton Relief Road in June 2017 and July 2017,
respectively.
The next stage in the process will be securing the land which is required to build the
scheme via a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO). Offers to purchase the land have also
been made by the Council to all affected parties. The target date for publication of the
CPO is Winter 2017. Cheshire East are also in the process of reviewing the costs for the
scheme as part of the Council’s updated Mid Term Capital Strategy. The target date for
starting on site is early 2019 with an approx 16 month construction programme.

Sir Galahad

Re: Poynton Relief Road update

Postby Sir Galahad » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm

This is good news. I do hope that once complete it will indeed provide some of the traffic relief we so desperately need

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:38 pm

CPO is Winter 2017. Cheshire East are also in the process of reviewing the costs for the
scheme as part of the Council’s updated Mid Term Capital Strategy.

It is the word "reviewing" that concerns me !

nevab

Postby nevab » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Fingers crossed! The village will be so much easier and attractive to navigate with out the 4 way queue to the two roundabouts.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Hopefully Poynton will become a "backwater" and the only complaints about Fountain place and Park lane will be about the weeds growing through the paving and bricks.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Sir Galahad wrote:This is good news. I do hope that once complete it will indeed provide some of the traffic relief we so desperately need

Agreed. Between A6MARR opening and the relief road opening though, I feat that there will be an increase in traffic on Chester Road, including some of those people who use Lees Land and Bonis Hall Lane as a rat run to Macclesfield. It will depend in part on how people are routed to Macclesfield by the signs on A6MARR.

Return to “Poynton Forum”