Sovereign House, Queensway ... ex-Poundstop

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

SK121NZ

Sovereign House, Queensway ... ex-Poundstop

Postby SK121NZ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:36 pm

... just spotted this one .... [ Vets4Pets / the groom room]

Application Details
Reference Number :- 17/6196M
Type Of Application:- ADVERTISEMENT CONSENT
Proposal:- Advertisement consent for 4 external internally illuminated corporate image signage :

Vets4Pets_02.jpg

... replacing this one .... [ formerly Poundstop]
Vets4Pets_01.jpg

http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk/applicationdetails.aspx?pr=17/6196M&query=63059a502300443b9b51150fd9861d1d&from=p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

carlsh

Re: Sovereign House, Queensway ... ex-Poundstop

Postby carlsh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:52 pm

From redpig, quoted from May 2017 in the 'Planning...' thread:

redpig wrote:It's good to see brownfield/empty spaces up for planning...

Sovereign House at the beginning of Queensway has planning for a Vets for Pets on the Ground Floor and Flats on 1st and 2nd Floors...

The Acumen Centre on the right as you turn into the Industrial estate from Poynton has planning for 34 flats. This has been empty ever since Aearo/Cabot vacated it years ago...

John Boy

Postby John Boy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Well I've just read the PUN & it mentions about the number of new homes for Poynton, within the next 12 years, 650 of them.
Does anybody know how many other homes have popped up over recent years & whether they are included in that figure?

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:11 pm

John Boy wrote:Well I've just read the PUN & it mentions about the number of new homes for Poynton, within the next 12 years, 650 of them.
Does anybody know how many other homes have popped up over recent years & whether they are included in that figure?

The Local Plan was drafted some years ago (2014), when it claimed with some justification that no new houses had been built or approved for some years in Poynton (although they seemed to ignore the 30 new houses on Copperfield Road which had just been finished). In the 2 or 3 years between draft and final approval there have been a few built or approved 'infill' developments, and flats above shops, but the plan approved last year didn't seem to be updated to take those into account. However it is probably not enough to make a significant dent in the 650 required - I can think of about 40 off the top of my head so I would guess 50 at most.

Anyone want to start a (deeply sad) list of new houses since 2014?

OK

Built:
  • 3 net at 44 Chester Road
  • 1 net at 11 (ish) Chester Road
  • 3 net at corner of Clifford/London Rd Sth.
  • 8 at Lyme View
  • 3 or 4 conversion of Hockley Post Office and adjacent shops.
  • 5 or 6 houses on Middlewood Road
  • 2 or 3 conversion of ex-solicitors office on London Rd Sth
  • 2 conversion of old police station
  • 10-12 just off Coppice Road.
  • 1 at Hazelbadge Road
  • 1 or 2 over what is now the wedding shop, Park Lane.
  • 3 new build just behind Park Lane shops
  • 3 or 4 net Lostock Hall Road
  • 3 or 4 net near Miner's Arms (not sure if this counts as Poynton in the Local Plan)

Quite a few more approved or under construction, but with small developers it is best to wait until they are actually built before you count them!

Return to “Poynton Forum”