New Road completion date

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

gavin

Re: New Road completion date

Postby gavin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Is that winter at the beginning of 2018 or at the end?
gavin

SK121RD

Postby SK121RD » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:19 pm

11th June, as the A555 is reopened after 17 weeks of closure, to rectify unexpected settlement; both works to be carried out at the same time ie settlement problem & finishing the new road.
Will be a massive change to open the whole of the new road after 17 weeks of closure and then only minutes from Poynton to the airport.
Once the final stretch from the old little chef is in place late 2018 there should be brushwood blowing through Poynton Town & the roundels...

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Once the final stretch from the old little chef is in place late 2018 there should be brushwood blowing through Poynton Town & the roundels...[/quote]

Your going to be sadly disappointed :lol:

tankie615

Postby tankie615 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 pm

I think you mean Sagebrush ? But rather that than 40ton 'artics' scuffing their way round the tight turn from L Rd North to Chester Road causing untold damage to what should be a pretty 'village' centre. Let's get rid of the 'artics' (unless of course they are coming to top up our Morrisons, Waitrose & Aldi!!!!).

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm

SK121RD wrote:11th June, as the A555 is reopened after 17 weeks of closure, to rectify unexpected settlement; both works to be carried out at the same time ie settlement problem & finishing the new road.
Will be a massive change to open the whole of the new road after 17 weeks of closure and then only minutes from Poynton to the airport.
Once the final stretch from the old little chef is in place late 2018 there should be brushwood blowing through Poynton Town & the roundels...

Massive change. According to Google it currently takes 20 minutes to get to the airport from Poynton (on the fastest route), which seems to be about right to judge from the taxis I've taken there. The new road will remove 4 minutes of that through Heald Green, although maybe a minute or 2 will be added back on to that because of the extra waiting time at the new Chester Road traffic lights and roundabout. So maybe 3 minutes saved. Massive.

The Little Chef to Chester Road section won't open until 2020 at the earliest I'm afraid. The only reason tumbleweed might be blowing through Poynton in 2018 is because it has been killed off by the pollution and is being blown around by the wind-front of the construction lorries belting past.

The business case for the Poynton Relief Road suggested that traffic might fall by 20-25% in Poynton by the way. That might be enough to make the traffic flow a little better at rush hour, but any noticeable difference will be fairly short term. It is really intended to help Macclesfield grow, not give relief to Poynton.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 pm

& by then there'll be 20-25% more cars due to new builds & increase in cars per house!!

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

SEMMMS news 14/02/2018 wrote:The relief road was previously programmed to be completed this spring this year, however due to a number factors the road will now open in late summer 2018, and we apologise for this further delay

gavin

Postby gavin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Poyntonian 1.... out, pull,fingers.... impossibility :mrgreen:

Listen to your Uncle Gavin

Your ever loving

Uncle Gavin

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm

gavin wrote:Poyntonian 1.... out, pull,fingers.... impossibility :mrgreen:

Listen to your Uncle Gavin

Your ever loving

Uncle Gavin

Firstly ur not my uncle. At the point of post it was poss then came the total fu*k up of the previous contractor who didn’t protect the drainage & present hopeless contractors. Was looking at the situation from my xperience of roads/sewers construction the contract at the time could & should have been completed on time, not nearly a year late! What’s your qualified experience? bugger all I guess

gavin

Postby gavin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:39 am

Pyontonian1

I always thought you were a good, sensible poster....I'm afraid my opinion is rapidly changing.

Gavin

Return to “Poynton Forum”