Water supply lost

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Water supply lost

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 pm

At 11.18 am United Utilities wrote:Our team of engineers are now onsite on Dickens Lane carrying out further investigations before carrying out repairs to the burst water main. As soon as we have further information we will update this message.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for bearing with us.

We received a recorded message about this just now. I then checked and the water supply had been disconnected.

nedsram

Re: Water supply lost

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 pm

At 12.46 United Utilities wrote:We're sorry you may be experiencing no water or poor pressure, the water main on Dickens Lane has burst and we are working hard to fix the pipe and get your taps flowing normally again.

So no more water is wasted and we can sort out repairing the leak our inspector will be turning the water supply off in the area, just for a short time, until the leaking pipe can be fixed.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

A leak at this location was reported at around 14:30 yesterday.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:03 pm

There was a big flood of water everywhere on Dickens Lane at 1130 and turned off by maintenance team sometime afterwards to facilitate the emergency repairs according to twitter.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:16 pm

At 2.25 United Utilities wrote:Our engineers are currently on site on Dickens Lane digging the road to expose the burst pipe. Our water on wheels vehicles have been requested to help maintain water supplies to the area whilst we work to repair the burst, however some customers may still experience no water or poor pressure until works are complete.

We are sorry for the trouble this may be causing you but we will get your taps flowing normally as soon as possible.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:12 pm

"At 4.19 United Utilities wrote:Repairs to the leaking water main on Dickens Lane are now complete. However, as this burst has affected a large area it may take a while for your water pressure to return to normal. Our engineers are currently charging the mains. This means the water pressure is being built up slowly within the pipework to help prevent further disruption.

Thank you for your continued patience while we work to restore your supplies. We will update this message shortly, when the mains are fully charged.

As of 5.15 we still have no water supply.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:04 pm

At 6.49 United Utilities wrote:We are continuing to recharge the mains following the burst at Dickens Lane today. We are sorry for the delay in getting your pressure back to normal but due to the size of the area affected, we have to do this slowly and carefully so as not to cause any further bursts or discolouration of the water.

Once again, we thank you for your patience.

We have a trickle now, but not much more than that.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Our water supply is finally back to normal.

Tony471

Postby Tony471 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:19 pm

I wasn’t affected but I think United Utilities have done a great job , I saw them working on the leak at 09.30, and coming back from the station at18.10 there were five 40’ tankers filling the water supply, two on Clifford, three on Dickens, well done

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Agreed. This was a major incident but nevertheless I received several automated phone calls with updates. I'm not sure if they phoned everybody or if i was because I phoned them to report another issue a few weeks ago and they had a record of my number.

Return to “Poynton Forum”