Water supply lost

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

rafiki6

Re: Water supply lost

Postby rafiki6 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Hello Silly.
Of course we couldn't we pre-warned of a burst water main. They managed to keep Pam Heathcote's mother informed and even took her water. My telephone call, after the explanation, told me to hang up!! Judging by the length of time from first notification to actual starting to work on the Chester Rd burst shows urgency is relative (to something) Probably the usual " not my job."
R

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: Water supply lost

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm

rafiki6 wrote:If it hadn't been for postings on this site we wouldn't have known what was going on, apart from waterless taps. At one time a loudspeaker vehicle went round advising of a water cut off. Not this time as far as I know. Pre-knowledge would have been useful- we could have drawn some off as a reserve. Neighbour with baby breastfeeding, fortunately. Still had to go out to buy water though for rest of family, as we did. Maybe the "well done UU" should have "could do better" as a postscript.
R

Cant do that anymore due to tossers complaining about being disturbed by the loudspeakers!!!! prob people like u :clap

Return to “Poynton Forum”