Crazy !

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Desmo Man

Crazy !

Postby Desmo Man » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:57 pm

During the last week Cheshire East highways responded quite quickly to a request to fill in a nasty pothole that had developed on Parklands Way, however they had to drive over a couple of equally nasty potholes to get to the one in Parklands Way and they ignored them !, why on earth cant the contractors use their common sense and initiative and fill those potholes in whilst they are in the area ?

nedsram

Re: Crazy !

Postby nedsram » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Workmen aren't paid to think. They are paid to do what they are told unthinkingly.

While on the subject of potholes, there is a lethal one on Woodford Road next to Lower Park Road. As with the one at the end of Tern Drive, their first reaction was to stick a traffic cone in it. At least it has now been cordoned off. Maybe it will be filled in eventually.

Rostervor

Re: Crazy !

Postby Rostervor » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 am

nedsram wrote:While on the subject of potholes, there is a lethal one on Woodford Road next to Lower Park Road. As with the one at the end of Tern Drive, their first reaction was to stick a traffic cone in it. At least it has now been cordoned off. Maybe it will be filled in eventually.

It was me !!!
Knowing it was there and after swerving round this abyss for a couple of weeks I thought other drivers should be warned. On Wednesday, I was walking over the bridge and noticed a large traffic cone in the hedge which had been left after repair to other potholes some weeks before and like the Parklands scenario the abyss had been left untouched.
I relocated the cone from the hedge to the abyss. Yesterday, the cone had been reinforced by barriers so it may be filled shortly after several reports by me and others over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

Return to “Poynton Forum”