Enforcement officers

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Amadeus

Re: Enforcement officers

Postby Amadeus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Tony471 wrote:for the Pig I park (sat in my car) in the little gap facing it while someone else nips in

Why don't you park in their car park behind the shop?

Sam12

Postby Sam12 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:02 pm

According to the notice outside the Co-op on School Lane, they are making a disabled parking spot in the space nearest to Park Lane and restricting the other spaces to 2 hours between 8 am and 6 pm Monday to Saturday.

Can't see how that will help Co-op customers nipping in for a couple of things. I don't really think it is the Co-op customers hogging the parking spaces.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:56 pm

I believe Coffano coffee customers are the culprits that park outside the Coop for ages that prevent customers parking for a short time to use the shops,

Tony471

Postby Tony471 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Tonight I was subjected to be filmed while I complained about a couple who had parked across the pavement outside the new garden, I wasn’t the complainer but a Pair of pensioners who were trying to walk past , hey ho, I tried to fight their case, this young lady came out of the shop and her first insintct was to film me , very strange

Oh well such is life in the millennium everything is online

Goodnight Vienna

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Sam12 wrote:I have to admit that I am guilty of parking on double yellows outside the Co-op for a couple of minutes when I just want to nip in for a paper and all the parking spaces are full.

What are you supposed to do, drive around until people leave the coffee shop? .

This is so true. I've spent a lot on my car and so have the right to drive and park it anywhere I want. Yellow lines are very pretty and I've often exclaimed out loud to the other half about how thoughtful it is for the council to provide so clearly and attractively marked parking areas on the side of the road. I think we can all agree that so-called 'illegal' parking and deliberately obstructing the road outside the only emergency services building for the town is a small price to pay for the greater problem of us not being able to park within 2 metres of the door of a shop whenever we want to. What other solution could there possibly be?

kit123

Postby kit123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Tony471. The woman who filmed you would probably have been the first to scream blue murder if anyone had filmed her. At least you stood up to help the couple, unfortunately most people would look the other way.

kiehsnori

Postby kiehsnori » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:06 am

brutus wrote:Do we need two officers ? After a couple of weeks the problem will have eased as people get fined .

If somewhere's going to pretend to be a town then you've got to pretend to have what towns normally have, at least when it's potentially making the council money rather than costing them money

gavin

Postby gavin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Two officers booking a double yellow parker on Queensway early this afternoon. Well done :clap

Gavin

Polly

Postby Polly » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 am

Last edited by Polly on Fri May 25, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Within the last hour I watched a car park on the double yellow lines and half on the pavement outside of Morrison's on Queens way. It was there for at least 10 minuets before a parking enforcement officer saw it and started to, I presume make a not of the reg no in his note book The driver of the car came rushing out of Morrison's jumped into the car and drove off. I asked the parking enforcement officer why he didn't give the car a parking ticket. He told me that the law states that he must observe the car being parked on the double yellow lines for at least 5 minuets and in some cases 10 minuets !. So there we have it,..... you can park on double yellow lines along Queens way for a maximum of 5 Minuit's before you can be booked. Plenty enough time for a quick shop at Morrison's or any other retail outlet.

Return to “Poynton Forum”