New bus timetables from April 1st

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Stroppyfemale

Re: New bus timetables from April 1st

Postby Stroppyfemale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:33 am

Rostervor wrote:The bus timings, which after 3 months should have been sorted out, started as a farce and are still a farce.
Last Friday, the bus which should have been 10:15 at my stop arrived at 10:35. The return bus from the village should have been 11:15 and was 11:33.
In the afternoon, the bus which should have been 14:17 sailed past at 14:13 so we missed it.
On Saturday the 08:15 arrived at 08:10 but we were there waiting for it. The 09:15 from the village arrived at 09:20.
On Tuesday this week the 10:17 towards Stockport arrived at 10:30 and not for the first time, we had to stand.
Today the 11:17 towards Stockport turned up at 11:32. I was just able to make my connecting bus in Hazel Grove which fortunately was 2 minutes late. This afternoon the 14:17 had not arrived at 14:45 but we got a lift from a neighbour into Hazel Grove to continue into Stockport.
These are just the latest incidents in this debacle.
Before anyone replies with "you should report it to......................" I have and the only comment back on more than one occasion has been......... " Think yourself lucky you still have a bus"
We may have a bus but certainly not a bus service

I must admit I have always, for years now, turned up early at bus stops, even before the new service as this is nothing new. I have found buses rarely run to time, they are more likely to be late but sometimes turn up early.

Stroppyfemale

Postby Stroppyfemale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:36 am

Stroppyfemale wrote:
Rostervor wrote:The bus timings, which after 3 months should have been sorted out, started as a farce and are still a farce.
Last Friday, the bus which should have been 10:15 at my stop arrived at 10:35. The return bus from the village should have been 11:15 and was 11:33.
In the afternoon, the bus which should have been 14:17 sailed past at 14:13 so we missed it.
On Saturday the 08:15 arrived at 08:10 but we were there waiting for it. The 09:15 from the village arrived at 09:20.
On Tuesday this week the 10:17 towards Stockport arrived at 10:30 and not for the first time, we had to stand.
Today the 11:17 towards Stockport turned up at 11:32. I was just able to make my connecting bus in Hazel Grove which fortunately was 2 minutes late. This afternoon the 14:17 had not arrived at 14:45 but we got a lift from a neighbour into Hazel Grove to continue into Stockport.
These are just the latest incidents in this debacle.
Before anyone replies with "you should report it to......................" I have and the only comment back on more than one occasion has been......... " Think yourself lucky you still have a bus"
We may have a bus but certainly not a bus service

I must admit I have always, for years now, turned up early at bus stops, even before the new service as this is nothing new. I have found buses rarely run to time, they are more likely to be late but sometimes turn up early.
I am grateful to have a bus service at all so put up with the convenience.

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm

I walked past the band room in Park Lane about 9.45 this morning and greeted a disabled older person of my acquintance sitting waiting for the 10.07 bus. I walked back about 10.45 to see her still sitting there now waiting for the 11.07. She gave some suitably pithy comments about the bus service which will also be received by the driver of the french owned company when he arrives. Hopefully also to the Cheshire East.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:09 pm

The first bus to Macclesfield was involved in a collision with a car on the dangerous bend next to Shrigley Hall on Monday. The car came round the bend at speed in the middle of the road.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 pm

turdo170 wrote:The first bus to Macclesfield was involved in a collision with a car on the dangerous bend next to Shrigley Hall on Monday. The car came round the bend at speed in the middle of the road.

The parish council is concerned about that bend, and is investigating whether a speed limit could be imposed on that stretch of road. Not that a speed limit would deter drivers like that.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm

We nearly had a serious accident on that corner one time when a long commercial white van and BMW that were coming round the bend at probably 50-70mph nearly hit us playing what looked like cat and mouse. The van was leading and was in the middle of the road. The BMW was trying to overtake but swirved back.

Our driver acted very quicked and swirved is into the side of the road and the van narrowly missed us.

The van then drove into the hedge and carried on at speed through the hedge then swurved back into the centre at probably somewhere in the region of 50mph.

Return to “Poynton Forum”