New bus timetables from April 1st

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

New bus timetables from April 1st

Postby nedsram » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Here are the links to the maps and timetables for the new services:

timetables

maps

The 391/392 will be operated by Selwyns Travel.

391/392 timetable

391/392 route and bus stops in Poynton

Rostervor

Re: New bus timetables from April 1st

Postby Rostervor » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Use https://bustimes.org/services/391-maccl ... -stockport which is the site of Selwyns timetables.
By clicking the 'show all stops' box you can see times at each stop along the entire route but you will need to access the 392 service separately.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Many thanks for that. Very useful. Well in theory at least as far as the timings are concerned! The order in which the bus stops appear is quite bizarre though.

I've attached the map of the 391/392 route in Poynton for convenience. I see that it shows an official bus stop where you live.

poynton-public-transport-map-1st-april-2018-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:45 am

Please correct me if I am wrong but there are no stops on Middlewood Road.

This being part of the revised routing.

Therefore why come this way unless there are bus stops to be quickly erected.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:33 am

nowthensithe wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but there are no stops on Middlewood Road.........................................
Therefore why come this way unless there are bus stops to be quickly erected.

'cos someone sat behind a desk who has been told he/she has to save the Council money and looked on a map which shows Middlewood Road is the shortest distance between Green Lane and Hockley and has probably never been on a bus in their lives has said so :o :? :roll:

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:59 pm

I don't really see the problem with using Middlewood Road , the only other road it can use is Coppice Road and there's no point in serving it twice especially when the service is going to have a very short layover at each end, so any small time saving is sensible.

The service after all will never be on time if the service pre-High Peak days was anything to go by when it was hourly with 2 buses, tight timetabling and short layovers.

It was regularly upto 90 minutes late!

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 am

Correct, the only alternative is indeed Coppice Road and for those living there have enjoyed a bus service for sometime. This did not necessitate going in the wrong direction to eventually get to their destination.

Middlewood Road, unless I am wrong, has no bus stops so no passengers will alight or board. Therefore it's simply for timing or speed.

Illogical!

PoyntonMonkey

Postby PoyntonMonkey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:08 pm

They should put a bus stop outside the Anson Museum (seeing as it is passing). Nothing special just a pole and a bus stop sign.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:35 pm

PoyntonMonkey wrote:They should put a bus stop outside the Anson Museum (seeing as it is passing). Nothing special just a pole and a bus stop sign.

The Anson is on Anson Road not on Middlewood Road. The stop for there would be the Boars Head.

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:42 pm

This timetable still has the same problems as the old one, i.e. except for the first and last of the day it is basically just an off-peak service, there is no evening service, and a meaningful weekend service doesn't really exist. It is not even hourly throughout the whole period of operation now. It seems perfectly designed to just miss the trains at the station too, and have a 30 minutes wait until the next one, unless they know something about the new May rail timetable that we don't yet.

I know it is not really intended to be a commuter or leisure service (for some reason), and is seen as more of an afterthought let's-make-sure-the-old-folk-and-poor-people-can-still-travel-to-the-shops-occasionally service, but it is not surprising that it doesn't make much money.

Return to “Poynton Forum”