New bus timetables from April 1st

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nowthensithe

Re: New bus timetables from April 1st

Postby nowthensithe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Selwyn's bus sighted around Poynton. Driver and two chaps with high viz jackets seated within. A trial run me thinks.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:57 am

nowthensithe wrote:Selwyn's bus sighted around Poynton. Driver and two chaps with high viz jackets seated within. A trial run me thinks.

Just seen one. If that's the size of bus they intend to use on the route, it could prove interesting as the current larger capacity buses often have only a few seats when arriving in Poynton wthout having to pick up the P1 passengers.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:09 pm

Single Fares are going to be the same on the new services as currently.

oldie

Postby oldie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:21 pm

The four buses for the 391/2 will be Optare Solos as before but six years old and narrower than before to suit the terrain. ie narrow roads. Just need to breathe in.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:46 am

So roughly 23 seats then.

They must be hoping to lose a few passengers.

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Maybe they have already lost them today!
There were only about half a dozen people on the bus I saw on Park Lane about 12.15 going towards Hockley.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:06 pm

I was really impressed with the Selwyns service today.
I only waited for 20 minutes after the scheduled time - in the pouring rain . After eventually joining the bus it was standing room only until through Hazel Grove when I managed to sit down. The bus was still full on arrival in Stockport. Several passengers questioned the driver about the return buses and were greeted with a gruff. "Don't know .............it's my first day"
Waiting for the return bus 3 drivers were given instruction by what I surmised to be a supervisor on matters such as how to change the destination indicator, ??????????
The driver made 4 attempts to get the vehicle into gear before we left the bus stop, then waited at traffic lights before turning left when the left turn lane was a Give Way. On arrival at my stop, he sailed past several hundred yards before I managed to attract his attention.

I know it's the first day but Selwyns should have been fully prepared.

turdo170

Postby turdo170 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:30 pm

This sounds like the worst start I have ever heard. You'd think they'd have covered all that training before the start date.

It's not a hard timetable to memorise.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:00 pm

turdo170 wrote:This sounds like the worst start I have ever heard. You'd think they'd have covered all that training before the start date.

It's not a hard timetable to memorise.

But a hard one to keep.
The last two services have been late - 30 mins towards Stockport and 15 mins towards Macclesfield.

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:13 pm

A convoluted round the houses route passing through the centre of congested Poynton and down the A6 is bound to be a continuing timetable nightmare. It was busier later this afternoon when there seemed to be about ten people on the bus passing School Lane on the way to Hockley. Some or most of those would have been travelling further on towards Macc. I think there will now be more complaints from those travelling from the locations between Macc and Poynton.

Poynton commuters are now enjoying the benefits of travel with public sector companies once again. Selwyns is owned by French state owned company RATP and Northern Rail is operated by a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn, German state railways. Clearly those companies are ultimately running for the benefit of their foreign taxpayer owners. No brexit there then!

Return to “Poynton Forum”