Bike shop

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

gavin

Bike shop

Postby gavin » Wed May 23, 2018 2:55 pm

I see the bike shop next door but one to the Co-op has closed down.Anybody know the reason, I always thought it seemed to be doing ok.

Gavin

AndrewJ

Re: Bike shop

Postby AndrewJ » Wed May 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Is it actually closed permanently? Their advertising bike was still near Waitrose last weekend I think. They might just be on holiday.

They do seem to have quite an eccentric approach to opening; the advertised hours are just there to fool those not in the know I think :lol: . It seems that as they are enthusiasts if it is good weather they just close up and go for a ride if they fancy it, even if customers have booked in for a service. After have time wasted in this way 3 times in a row I gave up on them, but they do/did seem to have a faithful following among mountain bikers.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:24 pm

AndrewJ wrote:They do seem to have quite an eccentric approach to opening; the advertised hours are just there to fool those not in the know I think :lol: . It seems that as they are enthusiasts if it is good weather they just close up and go for a ride if they fancy it, even if customers have booked in for a service. After have time wasted in this way 3 times in a row I gave up on them, but they do/did seem to have a faithful following among mountain bikers.

They've been on one hell of a ride then :clap :clap :clap

gavin

Postby gavin » Wed May 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes they have gone as the premises are on the market to let.

gavin

Poyntonresident

Postby Poyntonresident » Wed May 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Yep - its closed. Don't know the reason, but I've heard that Phil (the guy who owned it) is now doing mobile bike mechanic work....

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:57 pm

I also noticed today that the fast-food place next but one to the band room on Park Lane has been subjected to an enforced closure. The notice on the door prohibiting access suggests that there has been a problem meeting the lease requirements. Much used by high school pupils who will now have to walk further down Park Lane for their nutritious lunch time chips etc. :?: :?:

Poyntonresident

Postby Poyntonresident » Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 am

Is that Solo Grill you are referring to? If so its somehow been incorporated into Vision Nutrition opposite the Farmers (think there is a family connection to ownership of both gaffs?)

Busybody

Postby Busybody » Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm

Back to bike shop, in all fairness the work they did on my bike was very good. They were just totally unreliable - never called back, open at haphazard times and lacking in some very basic stock (inner tubes!) much of the time. The last straw was taking my bike to be serviced only to find shop shut when opening times said differently!

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Thu May 24, 2018 5:42 pm

I believe they decided not to renew the lease and go on-line only. They pick up your bike and take it away for servicing/repair. I won't include a link but search on Google for In Gear Poynton.

Carlos Fandango

Postby Carlos Fandango » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:57 pm

It's always a shame when a local business closes. They were good bike mechanics and friendly guys but when I used them the job wasn't completed on time (twice) so I guess people just lost patience with them.

Return to “Poynton Forum”