Anti Social Littering

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Localyokel

Anti Social Littering

Postby Localyokel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 am

These photos show the product of our Poynton youth who had a BBQ party on Tip Hill on Friday 8th June. They managed to dispose of their rubbish, bottles and can by throwing them over the hill. The bottles all smashed in an area where livestock roams and dog walkers and children frequent. In today's ecology climate I thought children were at the front of the anti litter campaigns, obviously not for our educated Poynton youth. I would like to see that parents and the High School inform the 'kiddies' that if they are planning an end of year 'party' it is strongly suggested that they do not choose Tip Hill as a venue. Prevention is better than cure or clean up in this case.
Litter 01.jpg
Litter 02.jpg
Ltter 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Toffee

Re: Anti Social Littering

Postby Toffee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Knowing the High School nothing will be done.

brutus

Postby brutus » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm

We don't know that it was the High School do we ? Poynton children attend more than one secondary school.

Localyokel

Postby Localyokel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Suggesting they may attend other schools makes it OK then, the large group of kids walked down Park Lane at 9.35, very likely they are local kids. Their parents would have known they had been drinking judging by the amount of empties we removed. The large boxes of beers were obviously bought by adults.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Sadly people who just want somewhere secluded to get as drunk or smashed as possible (count the alcohol bottles and cans) are not the sort of people who care a damn about the mess they leave. More than once I have seen similar messes on National Trust property - in one case including dozens of laughing gas cartridges. Even NT land is not sacrosanct to people like this.

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Clearing up after kids is a never-ending chore. There is a magic age where (most) people stop being able to ignore the squalor they are creating, but it is not High School age. I work near the Universities in Manchester and without the daily rounds of several estates crews it would be a pigsty within a day or two - no exaggeration. :lol:

Is Tip Hill actually public land? I often see people on there, but the OS map indicates that it is just a private field rather than common or access land, so if the farmer is having trouble with the safety of his/her livestock then they'd be in their rights to fence it off from the footpath. In fact I'm pretty sure that's been done there at least once before, with some temporary electric fencing.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:53 am

Tip hill has been used by the youth of Poynton and surrounding areas for "booze" up. especially the week end that schools close for the summer break, for at least 30 odd years. My own son learnt to consume alcohol there in the mid 80's !. These days he is, and has been for 20 years teetotal . It is unacceptable for rubbish to be left there but unfortunately it happens.

Activepensioner

Postby Activepensioner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 pm

In previous summers PCSOs have pratroled Tip Hill at these 'party' times of year. Noticed how there doesn't seem to be as many police and PCSOs around Poynton as there used to be? So our deterrent has gone maybe thanks to years of austerity cuts and a 20% reduction in police manpower. When challenged at a Police Federation conference a few years ago about the reduction in funding Theresa May accused them of crying wolf

Aglmcfc

Postby Aglmcfc » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:38 am

Where exactly is Tip Hill, we’ve lived in Poynton over 30 years but we’ve never heard of it :shock:

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:02 am

It's behind the cottages on Middlewood Road, and can be reached via a track opposite Lady's Incline on Towers Road (past the former Lord and Lady Pits).

Return to “Poynton Forum”