Old Coop building on Park Lane.

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Desmo Man

Old Coop building on Park Lane.

Postby Desmo Man » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Anybody have any idea what is going on inside the old Coop building in Park Lane.? From what I glimpsed last week they were pulling the floor tiles up. I was told by a somebody that there was going to be "Hot Yoga" in there, not sure what "Hot Yoga" is !

Scallywag

Re: Old Coop building on Park Lane.

Postby Scallywag » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Take no notice. Some people just like to put stories around for the fun of it and to see how far they go! Like the old Asda store which was reported to become a Furniture Shop some months ago and still it stays an empty shell. There was also the story about us having a Mosque somewhere or other!! Load of old twaddle. Just wait and see what happens is my motto.

Aglmcfc

Postby Aglmcfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:43 am

Planning application was submitted last month:

Proposal
Change of Use of Unit 4b, formerly 6 Park Lane, Poynton from A1 retail to D2, Hot Yoga Studio, including new fascia logo / signs

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 pm

I think Hot Yoga is literally just yoga in a hot room. Each to their own.

That is only taking up half of the old Coop unit. The rest of it is for expansion of the pharmacy.

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:31 am

There are currently five (5) active planning applications against No.4 Park Lane, Poynton SK12 1RE …

.. 3 (for Well Chemist) are approved with conditions; 2 are recent applications by YogaLife.

Well_2018_Apps.jpg

My personal aggregation of the current situation is shown below :-

17/1613M …. ('Approved' but not yet enacted); ... is superseded by 18/1729M and 18/2967M, which will relocate Well Chemist out from the unit nearest 'Mates'; and into the 'middle unit', leaving all or part of their existing unit available 'To Let'.

18/3881M and 18/3882M are recent applications by YogaLiving for a Yoga Studio in the vacant unit nearest the car park. I note that their proposed signage (18/2967M) is incorrect, attached to out of date false dormer outrigged areas of the roof). Perhaps someone will point this out to YogaLife before they manufacture the parts ?.

I note that YogaLife have Yoga Studios in nearby Wilmslow and Altrincham (Google their website and Facebook Page).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SK121NZ on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:24 am

Have I missed something ?, Why aren't the Well pharmacy moving to the unit next to their present building ? I see from the plan that the center unit is larger than the unit next to the Pharmacy building but surely this r/h could have been made larger. Or is the intention that the Well move out of their present building ?

tarboat

Postby tarboat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

Disappointed to see that our beloved East Cheshire Council don't know how to spell Dormer. :roll:

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:06 pm

tarboat wrote:Disappointed to see that our beloved East Cheshire Council don't know how to spell Dormer. :roll:

Would they understand what an anti-aptronym is? :D

emar07

Postby emar07 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:46 pm

I don't really see the connection between tarboat's comment and AWLU's query/response. Presumably AWLU's question is suggesting that there's a degree of irony in the name "Well" Pharmacy. Have to say I'd be less likely to use them if the rebranded as "Poorly", "Sick" or "Unwell". ;>)

Return to “Poynton Forum”