A6MARR set to open to traffic in early October

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

A6MARR set to open to traffic in early October

Postby nedsram » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 pm

According to SMBC. I'll believe that when it happens. There's a lot of work still to be done.

Does anybody know what the problem is with the bridge at Woodford Road, Woodford? It has several horizontal struts supporting the retaining walls, and they tore apart and rebuilt the abutment next to the slip road.

Desmo Man

Re: A6MARR set to open to traffic in early October

Postby Desmo Man » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Early October,..........2018 or 2019 ?

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:39 am

The official site says there will be a free 5k run somewhere on the new road on October 7th (http://www.semmms.info/a6marr-set-to-open/), so presumably it won't open until at least October 8th!

The bridge over the railway line has been there long enough to pick up some graffiti, so it must be ready.

Rostervor

Postby Rostervor » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 pm

AndrewJ wrote:The bridge over the railway line has been there long enough to pick up some graffiti, so it must be ready.
The graffiti has been on the railway bridge for about 18 months. The bridge on Woodford Road also has had some daubed in the last couple of weeks.
Having just had a wander along the footpath, at one point, for about a yard, the edging and half the tamac has sunk about a foot. It’s only been down a few weeks.
I hope it’s not a sign of things to come!

AndrewJ

Postby AndrewJ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:22 pm

If there are any owners of old cars who are free on 7th October, there will be a classic car parade at 3pm as part of the opening event activities (http://www.semmms.info/calling-all-classic-car-owners/).

Apparently anything over 20 years old is now considered 'classic', which is perhaps stretching the definition a little.

I hope everyone going to the opening event will be driving, as that is only appropriate for the opening of a new road, and it would be useful to test the parking capacity of Towers Road and other side roads round there on behalf of the local residents.

Is there a name for the new road yet? I know Queen Elizabeth Way was suggested a few years back. It is a nice idea to name a road after an old lady, but I'd prefer someone local. Anyone on here willing to put their name forward?

Personally I have plenty of other suggestions for road names, but I doubt that things like 'Expensive Road', 'The Wrong Way', 'The 20th Century Way' or 'Who Likes Trees Any Way' would be accepted. :lol:

gavin

Postby gavin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Ollie's Way?

Gavin

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:24 pm

How about Howard Murray Boulevard?

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Why ?

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Excellent suggestion Desmo Man - I can think of nothing better and as for the other suggestion. No real comment needed.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:10 am

nowthensithe wrote:Excellent suggestion Desmo Man - I can think of nothing better and as for the other suggestion. No real comment needed.

Why way???????

Return to “Poynton Forum”