Christmas tree

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

Desmo Man

Christmas tree

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:20 pm

I have just seen the pathetic little Christmas that has been erected in Fountain place. When the lorry pulled up this morning in fountain place with Christmas trees on the back there was a tree that was possibly three time as tall as the one they took off the back I wonder where that one went to ? Perhaps somebody from PTC could explain to the people of Poynton why we have such a cheap and tatty little tree in our village .

kit123

Re: Christmas tree

Postby kit123 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I agree sir. It does seem that year on year no one in a responsible position cares about the Poynton Christmas festivities. Many people on this forum will remember a couple of years ago when the Christmas lights were put up with half of them not working, and the installers just left without replacing any bulbs or faulty lights. I would welcome a response on the forum from a town councillor on this subject.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:37 pm

I believe that there are a couple of Poynton town Councillors who read the comments on this site, at least one of them comments occasionally but for obvious reasons does not use his real name. I think that it is doubtful that we will get a official answer regarding the pathetic little Christmas tree !

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:04 pm

You certainly won't get an official answer on here, even if councillors do read the site. It's not an official council forum. You should call or email your local councillor, or even go in person and ask the question at the next council meeting.

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Are you sure that the provision and erection if the tree is a PTC responsibility and not that of Cheshire East?j

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Nowt wrong with this years tree :clap & the decorations at Children’s Choice look good

gavin

Postby gavin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:01 pm

I agree..... and the one outside Morrisons looks good as well :clap

Gavin

Return to “Poynton Forum”