Manchester Airport Parking rip-off!

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

tankie615

Manchester Airport Parking rip-off!

Postby tankie615 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:58 am

I collected members of my family from Manchester Airport Terminal 2 on Wednesday.
I managed to negotiate the multi-multi signage and at last entered the West (not Pre-booked) Short Stay Parking area.
I was then faced with a trek to the arrivals area, and the return journey with suitcases (through pouring rain!)
For this wonderful experience I was charged (for just over a half hour parking) £7 !!!!!
Am I missing something here? Is it possible to collect people without paying £7 ? or have these bloodsucking b-----ds got us by the short and curleys.

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: Manchester Airport Parking rip-off!

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Pick up is £4.50 for 30mins, so no idea what you have done! It is poss to pick up for free but both driver & pax need to coordinate time by txt

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 pm

I dropped some visitors off at Terminal 1 the other day, and paid £3 for the privilege. And all I did was drive in, drop them off and drive out. Five minutes max. Outrageous. I suspect it's to discourage people from actually driving to the terminals, and to use the free park and shuttle option. I haven't tried that yet so I don't know how efficient it is.

rafiki6

Postby rafiki6 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 pm

I'd heard that that shuttle could take 45 minutes to drop passengers off at their respective terminals from the drop-off, free base. That might have changed but it could mean that travellers have to be dropped off early enough to allow for this procedure? Another aspect of this is that passengers travelling from our neck of the woods on the A555 increase the amount traffic on that road through the airport. IF it was possible to use the now unused and ready-surfaced A555 construction office and materials storage base off Chester Rd. for an eastern bus transfer base, it would relieve that situation [u]and[u] at the airport where (according to a recent airport comment) they charge 'to relieve congestion' (by discouragement) The collection of arrivals is even worse. Recently the roundabout serving T1 departures and the collection area was choked by cars unable to access the collection area. The queue to get out can be so long and time consuming that the time allowed to get out expires resulting in a back up etc.etc Altogether not well thought out - but veryprofitable ££££s

Return to “Poynton Forum”