Future of the Forum

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

tarboat

Re: Future of the Forum

Postby tarboat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:27 pm

rafiki6 wrote:I'll agree to that. Unfortunately??? no political issues can be raised. I have seen a forum on a social history site where political history (miners' strike) has come up which spoils it for everybody. No discussion of the group interest: people leave in disgust. So perhaps no politics is a wise condition? But current issues???
R

I am not sure where you got the idea that political issues canot be discussed here. The rule is that political candidates may not use the forum to make statements. Political matters relevant to Poynton are ok here outside of that one particular issue.

rafiki6

Postby rafiki6 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:44 pm

And pray exactly what is that?

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:17 pm

rafiki6 wrote:And pray exactly what is that?

tarboat wrote:The rule is that political candidates may not use the forum to make statements.

Potty

Postby Potty » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:54 pm

i also dont have a facebook account so the forum is my way of keeping up to date

Opera

Postby Opera » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:59 pm

I would miss the Forum. I often look to see the comments, but don't necessarily log in. When I tried to find out information about Chester Road, it was immediately available. When doing so on East Cheshire Website, the information was as clear as mud. I'm also not a fan of Poynton Gossip etc. Facebook can also be very irritating. Please keep the Forum

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:03 am

Opera wrote:I would miss the Forum. I often look to see the comments, but don't necessarily log in. When I tried to find out information about Chester Road, it was immediately available.

I agree I think it would be such a shame if we lost this Forum , but you its up to us the people of Poynton and surrounding areas to keep it going .
Over the years this Forum has been quite a busy place with the onset of the shared space ,then there was the Tesco application which created quite a lot of chat on here.
Lately the Forum as gone quiet so its up to us , there are many thing happening around us, good ,not so good and of to complete the cliché indifferent.
If it's happening then post about it :D

Return to “Poynton Forum”