Chester Road

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

ma-ogy

Re: Chester Road

Postby ma-ogy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:17 pm

C.Easts website is not the easiest to navigate, if it be local road problems I find Poynton Town councils website very helpful.
If anyone wants to find out what road issues there are in other area's I use AA road watch this can be very helpful.

gavin

Postby gavin » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:30 pm

As I said earlier about the CEC website, ....I rest my case

Gavin

@utterlybutters

Postby @utterlybutters » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am

Good morning,

First post on this forum; we've only recently moved to Poynton (Chester Road) and already find ourselves in the midst of numerous diversions and road closures.

I note the carriageway resurfacing continues apace until 12 November. To be followed by 'structural patching' (Cheshire East Highways speak) between Burton Drive and Clifford Road (13-14 Nov) and then a United Utilities sewer repair (18-20 Nov) opposite the Woodford Road turning.

And don't get me started on half-witted lorry drivers and women in their obligatory SUVs turning round in our drive ...

tarboat

Postby tarboat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:54 pm

@utterlybutters wrote:
And don't get me started on half-witted lorry drivers and women in their obligatory SUVs turning round in our drive ...

Welcome to Poynton :D :D :D

John Boy

Postby John Boy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm

It would have been nice (too much to expect) if they had adjusted the phasing of the right turn traffic light from the A555 onto Macclesfield Road near to Brookside Garden Centre so more than 3 to 5 vehicles could get through at a time. Only been that way a couple of times since the works commenced & both times spent time in standing traffic in lane 2 of the A555 before getting to the sanctuary of the right turn lane.

yewtreeman

Postby yewtreeman » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm

I joined the long queue north bound from Poynton at 2.t5pm today with the traffic stationary opposite the sports club entrance. Crawling all the way to the Brookside lights it was galling to see that just 5 cars were waiting on the A555 from the High Lane direction. The line from Poynton must have been two hundred plus vehicles most if which appear eventually to be turning left onto the A555. The lights are of course within the Stockport borough boundary by about 20 metres (the stream is the boudary) so it is the traditional two didget response to traffic problems coming out of Cheshire East.

Return to “Poynton Forum”