bin collection

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

brutus

bin collection

Postby brutus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 am

Last week on the East Cheshire website it said that we would have a silver and green bin collection as usual on the 5th of November. This has now been taken down and the next collection is black bin on Friday . As we recycle as much as possible and still read paper newspapers our silver bin is already full. As usual the council shows its incompetence.

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: bin collection

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Wow!!! We recycle nearly everything & ours is only 2/3 full. You can leave upto 3 bags/ boxes out aswell next wk

aardvark

Postby aardvark » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Think about it - changing the day from Tuesday to Friday means the gap between collections is going to be either 3 days or 10 days. It couldn't be 3 because last week they were using the old schedule, presumably right across Cheshire East.

So, with a gap of 10 days it means one bin will have to wait 10 days for collection and the other one 17. Given the stench when the general waste collection is made after 14 days, I'd much prefer that to be brought forward to 10 than deferred to 17.

I applaud your recycling habit, but I suspect the amount you put in your silver bin is well above average; and on the whole it's probably preferable for a few households to have extra newspapers, rinsed out tins and bottles etc hanging around for another 3 days than for the majority of Poynton to be suffering the smell of rotten food, dog poo, dirty nappies etc for 3 extra days.

Bear in mind too that as Poynton's bin day is now later in the week, some places will be having theirs earlier, so no doubt people there will be moaning because the council are wasting money coming round to collect their bins before they're full. I'm afraid this all feels to me a bit like a first world problem...

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:17 am

Why are there green and grey bins dotted along Coppice Road??

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:39 am

nowthensithe wrote:Why are there green and grey bins dotted along Coppice Road??

Maybe the haven't had any notification or not read it if they have :?: or just maybe they are right, who knows ;)

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:13 pm

nowthensithe wrote:Why are there green and grey bins dotted along Coppice Road??

… looks as if it should be a black bin on FRIDAY 8th this week … so if out today, wont be collected until Friday, and will be the WRONG COLOUR !!

If you know anyone on Coppice Rd, please pass this message on :o

info taken from here :-

https://online.cheshireeast.gov.uk/mycollectionday/

CoppiceRd Waste.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

Return to “Poynton Forum”