Water Supply Problems

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

aardvark

Water Supply Problems

Postby aardvark » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:19 am

I don't suppose I'm the only one here to have had water supply problems over the past 24 hours. We first noticed that the pressure was low at around 5.30pm yesterday, and we tried to report it to United Utilities, but without success. Later in the evening the water went off completely, but thankfully (for us) it's back again this morning.

As well as the obvious annoyance of having no water, I'm somewhat fuming over the impossibility of reporting the matter to United Utilities. Their website recommends against sending emails because they're not read in a timely fashion, and it mentions an online chat facility, but this wasn't available. So let's try the good old telephone. Multiple menu options, but they all seemed to end up in the same place: report a problem with flooding and/or overflowing sewers etc. I appreciate that some people yesterday were having that problem and needed to report it, but UU seemed to have made it very difficult to report any other kind of problem.

Well, not entirely... The website also suggested posting something on Twitter or Facebook. Fine for some people, but what about those of us who don't have an account with either of them, to say nothing of those who don't use a computer at all? I find it totally outrageous that a public utility (sorry, monopoly private company making money out of life's essentials) should have such an appalling approach to customer service.

As long as the matter is current, updates from UU should be available at https://www.unitedutilities.com/emergen ... stockport/

At the time of writing, a summary of events reported there is as follows:
(Thurs) 5.54 pm - currently investigating low pressure/no water
8.14pm - leak reported in Anson Road
(Fri) 1.00am - engineers on site
3.00am - engineers have left site to get extra equipment
5.02am - now think problem is a leak on Waterloo Road
9.57am - on their way to Waterloo Road
11.01am - working at Waterloo Road

Does anyone else think it's a bit odd with an incident like this which affects a lot of people, that once a leak has been identified it's then 5-6 hours before they start work on it?

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Re: Water Supply Problems

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Lot of work activity on Anson road near the Boars head last night and a procession of large water trucks/ browsers heading up Copice road about 9:30pm.

gavin

Postby gavin » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Was that a "browser" like Google? :mrgreen:

Gavin

rafiki6

Postby rafiki6 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Bowser. = tanker. R

Return to “Poynton Forum”