Social distancing at some Poynton Cafe's

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

Desmo Man

Social distancing at some Poynton Cafe's

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:10 pm

Here is a open question to the Poynton Town Councillors and the Cheshire East Councillors who are members of this forum.

Why are you allowing some cafes in Park lane and School Lane to have so many people in them or outside to sit so close together with hardly any social distancing ?. The staff at a couple of these cafe's do not wear a mask and are taking orders whilst standing very close to customers. One cafe has there tables on a council owned ? piece of grass land that are very very close to a path that the public use. Why isn't this area checked by the PCP or members of PTC ? Have the Cafe owners been spoken to or advised on the rules ? or does the making up for the loss of business mean more than peoples health. Who can we rely on to speak to business owners ? Maybe somebody from PTC or CCE could answer me, or are they banned from posting on this site ?

tarboat

Re: Social distancing at some Poynton Cafe's

Postby tarboat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Have you considered contacting the Council directly? I suspect that it is Cheshire East who may have more influence in this matter than the Town Council.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:51 pm

Yes I have been in contact with the Town Clerk. I emailed a couple of local Councillors one from PTC and a Poynton Cheshire East Councillor. They did not even acknowledge my email let alone reply.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:46 pm

In relation to the Pig & Funnel the council adopted footpath is the tarmac one, the flagged path was put there to cover the mud path created by people cutting the corner. Couple of places’ chairs are close to the footpath but they do own the former front gardens. Not been in any cafes but observed some non Covid behaviour like lack of visors, should be observing the same as Flute & Firkin & The Cask where distancing, track & trace & table service are strictly adhered to

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Does the grassy area next to the Fig and whatever belong to them or PTC / CCE, an who owns the tarmac path ?

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm

[quote="POYNTONIAN 1"]In relation to the Pig & Funnel the council adopted footpath is the tarmac one.

As you are now aware from other forums Caio, Hickory’s social distance & use visors if within 1m(extra measures) as do Flute, Farmers, Cask

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Pleased to hear all that. Certainly the fig do not social distance or the Tin. Costa are a little better. I have not been into any cafe/ restaurant in Poynton.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:26 am

The shops own the grass area & flagged path

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:19 am

They need to be responsible then and think of their customers and the general public.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am

Mr Poyntonian, good morning. Are you a Poynton Town Councillor or a Cheshire East Councillor ?

Return to “Poynton Forum”