Postal deliveries

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

aardvark

Postal deliveries

Postby aardvark » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Does anyone know if there are any known issues with postal deliveries in Poynton at present?

Just wondering, as I've been expecting several things this week but haven't seen anyone delivering letters since Saturday.

POYNTONIAN 1

Re: Postal deliveries

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Most walks are only being done once a week & have been for a while now. PO have issues with staff shortages & obv illness, also for a while only one person allowed in their vans.

aardvark

Postby aardvark » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:22 pm

I do understand about illness, staff shortages etc, but last week I saw them doing letter deliveries near us on maybe 4 or 5 days, including Friday and Saturday, so it seemed a bit odd not to have seen them at all so far this week.

During the first lockdown I know Saturday deliveries were dropped for a time, and generally we were only getting two deliveries a week, but just once a week can mean quite significant delays for important things that were sent first class.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:30 pm

They have been trying to catch up when poss, even delivering late on Sat last week. Xmas post deadline next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aardvark

Postby aardvark » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:48 pm

POYNTONIAN 1 wrote:Xmas post deadline next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only for economy service to western Europe. UK dates are much as usual:

https://www.royalmail.com/christmas/las ... stingdates

And the Service Updates page on the Royal Mail website doesn't mention any delivery problems round here yesterday or today.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Woooosh!!! Ironic humour going straight over ur head :clap Todays prob was a new girl who had no idea where she was or was going(not her fault) don’t believe anything on tinterweb

Aglmcfc

Postby Aglmcfc » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Yes definitely, we’ve been having problems for weeks. Just this last week we received a letter that had been posted 14 days previously. Credit cards were thought lost and then turned up 12 days after posting. When we asked the postman if he knew of any delays he said everything was up to date!

tarboat

Postby tarboat » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:32 am

My understanding is that the Bramhall sorting office is very short of staff due to illness and isolating. I was advised that much of our post is being held at Stockport until Bramhall has capacity to deal with it. This might explain the suggestion that Bramhall is up to date with deliveries. We went 10 days without a delivery at one point and received two last week. The Royal Mail website is hopeless and requests for guidance for what level of deliveries we might expect are met by platitudes and bluster but no useful information. :x

aardvark

Postby aardvark » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:51 am

We did get a delivery on Friday, which included things posted earlier that week, but there are still some things outstanding which were posted the week before.

Return to “Poynton Forum”