Moving to Poynton :)

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs

Robin12

Moving to Poynton :)

Postby Robin12 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:49 am

Happy New Year!
I've recently joined the forum, as after spending a lot of time identifying an area to move to, we are seriously considering Poynton. We have been looking for a family friendly area in commutable distance to Manchester but somewhere we can access the countryside for walks/family bike rides. It would be really helpful if people would be willing to give an honest assessment of what it is like to live in Poynton, (both the good and not so good) particularly with a young family. It's probably worth mentioning we are a same sex couple and are hopeful Poynton isn't an area where the children will face significant negativity in relation to this.
The areas we are particularly interested in are
- Schools- both primary and secondary.
-Traffic- When we came to look around on a Sunday we were stuck in queuing traffic just outside town, which put us off a bit, but we later read about a relief road. Is this realistically likely to improve traffic? We would prefer to move to somewhere where air quality is generally good. Also what is it like getting to and leaving Poynton in rush hour please? What is air traffic like?
- Transport- are the trains fairly reliable? What are the buses like?
- Community; we would be keen to immerse ourselves in community groups/life. Is there a strong sense of community? Are there any significant social problems to be aware of?
-Flooding- I've read bits about this- is it an issue?
-Where to live- any particular areas of town people would avoid etc?

If you can answer any of the above we would be really grateful!

Thanks in advance :-)

nowthensithe

Re: Moving to Poynton :)

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:42 am

It might well be sensible to join Poynton Questions and Answers and Poynton News and Gossip on Facebook as this site is not used so much. I am sure you will getter better responses there.

Poynton is a great place and I have lived here 47 years.

Robin12

Postby Robin12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Thanks for your response and advice- I will take a look :)

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Poynton is a great place to live and bring up a family, there is a good sense of community and lively churches. I have lived here for 42 years my children went through primary and senior schools. Poynton question and answers is a useful web site, my advice is to stay well away from the Poynton news and gossip sites.

Return to “Poynton Forum”