Unsolicited Phone Calls

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

gavin2

Re: Unsolicited Phone Calls

Postby gavin2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 am

Wiggley

I think those are automated calls and the machine gets behind in its schedule. Shame about the heavy breathing though.

Gavin2

Belvoir

Postby Belvoir » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:00 pm

I'm always getting the Microsoft calls and tell them no thanks it's a scam!
Well last week I said that and the chap said I will come round and throw acid in your face ! Charming

The next day I got another call and and was so angry I told them I was reporting them to the police! She shouted at me and said
I not frightened of your police!

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Y do you answer calls from these 1/2wits? If you don't recognise the No don't answer it!!

nowthensithe

Postby nowthensithe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:59 am

Simply because there are many people in Poynton who do not have number recognition on their land lines.

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:09 am

Another reason is the medical profession in many cases still comes through withheld or unavailable. :twisted:
Why do they still have the cloak and dagger attitude that no one else in the house must know about your contact with doctors etc
Stupid. :evil:

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:41 pm

I have had at least 4 of these scam calls in the last 2 weeks all from a foreign persons telling me that I had problem with my router .
I usually just cut them off but I decided to play along with the last one up to the point when he asked me to turn on my computer ,
at this point I asked him to hold the line whilst I phoned my provider on my mobile to check his credentials ;)

I was stunned when he told me to f off twice then slammed the phone down :o

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:59 pm

nedsram wrote:I've just had a call from 02080997526. A man with a strong Indian accent. He asked for me by name. When I said "who's calling please" he promptly hung up, which is what made me suspicious. A quick Google revealed that this is the "Microsoft technical support" scam. If they call you, just hang up (or don't answer the phone if it displays the number).

It seems it is that time of the year again, we have had about 10 bogus phone calls this week mostly from people with an Indian accent saying that they are from the technical dept of my internet provider .
The last one today said that he was from the accident verification service advising me that I had a recent accident in my car .

News too Me :o

As Nedsram says JUST HANG UP it's a SCAM.

John Boy

Postby John Boy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:42 pm

I always have a tab open on my phone's browser to check any numbers that I don't recognise & leave a comment if applicable. I use:
http://who-called.co.uk
I note the number in the recent post has no comments as yet.

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

After a long gap, we have also started receiving junk calls again. If you have caller line identification enabled, the number displayed will often be garbage. If we don't recognise the number we usually don't answer. If it's important they can leave a message.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Not difficult! If u don't know the No or its private DONT ANSWER IT!!!

Return to “Poynton Forum”