the Grange, South Park Drive

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

Bigsmile72

Re: the Grange, South Park Drive

Postby Bigsmile72 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:29 am

According to the latest info, this has been Recommended for Approval, Subject to a S106 Agreement and Conditions.

Minutes from the last Cheshire East meeting back in April. Page 15 onwards:

http://moderngov.cheshireeast.gov.uk/ec ... e.pdf?T=10

I believe it got this far last time and was still refused at the final hurdle.

poyntonian

Postby poyntonian » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Apparently the owner and builders have been a bit sneaky with a last minute amendment for an extra house right up to the border with a neighbour that contravenes the application and would totally overlook a private residence.

Isn't it funny how people with a lot of money want even more money

Bigsmile72

Postby Bigsmile72 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

So instead of 8 houses, as per the application, it's now 9. Well changing plans from the original, in such a way won't help their cause I guess.

Desmo Man

Postby Desmo Man » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Are they allowed last minuit amendments without it going through the planning process ?

Bigsmile72

Postby Bigsmile72 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 am

The Application for the 8 houses has been approved and the clearing of the trees on the site has started. So I guess demolition of the house and outbuildings will start very soon. Soon will have a gated community on South Park Drive.

Going the opposite way to the property near the London Road end of South Park Drive, who demolished the neighbours house to build a garage, cinema and swimming pool over the stream that feeds Poynton Pool.

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:27 am

Bigsmile72 wrote:The Application for the 8 houses has been approved and the clearing of the trees on the site has started. So I guess demolition of the house and outbuildings will start very soon. Soon will have a gated community on South Park Drive.

Sad to see such a lovely house demolished A little bit of Poyntons history lost forever , I liken it to chopping a mature tree down ,once its gone its lost forever :(
I'm no doubt going to be told this is progress :roll:

SK121NZ

Postby SK121NZ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Bigsmile72 wrote: ....
Going the opposite way to the property near the London Road end of South Park Drive, who demolished the neighbours house to build a garage, cinema and swimming pool over the stream that feeds Poynton Pool.

.... this one has run, and run .... !!
Planning History:
16/3873M
16/3236M: Alterations and extensions to two houses to form one larger house
(Resubmission) - approved with conditions - 04-Aug-2016
15/3954M - Alterations and Extensions to Two Houses to Form One Larger House - approved with conditions - 01/06/16
12/4735M - Bridge House - Single Storey Front extension- Approved with conditions 1st February 2013.
11/2066M - White Lodge - Front, side and rear two-storey extensions, single-storey rear extension, rear pergola, front canopies, dormer additions and amendment to driveway (amendment to permission reference 11/0787M- Approved with conditions 5th August 2011.
11/0787M - White Lodge- Front, side and rear two storey extensions, single storey rear extension, rear pergola, front canopies and dormer additions- Approved with conditions- 21st April 2011.
10/2654M - White Lodge- Front, side and rear two storey extensions, rear pergola, canopies at front and other alterations- Approved with conditions- 1st November 2010.

When PTC considered Planning Application No. 16/3873M (Bridge House, South Park Drive) in Aug 2016, they recommended to CEC Planning :-
PTC wrote:Recommend objection as it is out of character with houses in the vicinity.
RO67RD - extension unneighbourly to nearby properties.
Concerns about culverting of the stream and the possible impact this will have on the increased risk of flooding particularly in light of the severe flooding in Poynton on the 11th June 2016 which was exacerbated in part due to blocked culverts.

.... however CEC have now recently approved this application, see detail (if interested) :-

http://doc.cheshireeast.gov.uk/Northgat ... 825518.pdf

... please, log yourself in to see any of my pictures ...

Bigsmile72

Postby Bigsmile72 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Bridge House has been demolished and the building work started on the garage/swimming pool (steel framework in place now), although in the past 3 weeks, building appears to have come to a standstill. Probably due to weather. The more I see this development, the more I think why didn't the guy who is having all this done, buy The Grange and build a new house.

As for The Grange, it is now visible from South Park Drive as the trees have been cut down at the front. Shows what a huge plot it is. If only I had that winning Euro Million lottery ticket, could build a nice house on there with a big pond.

Not sure Hillcrest will get a quick sale on the houses they are planning to build. From what I see of property around Poynton Pool (South Park Drive, Anglesey Drive and Towers Road) nothing is selling, various properties on the market from £800,000 to just under £3 million the longest being on the market for around 3 years. Appears the market in this sector has slowed to a crawl.

POYNTONIAN 1

Postby POYNTONIAN 1 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:35 am

Bigsmile72 wrote:Bridge House has been demolished and the building work started on the garage/swimming pool (steel framework in place now), although in the past 3 weeks, building appears to have come to a standstill. Probably due to weather. The more I see this development, the more I think why didn't the guy who is having all this done, buy The Grange and build a new house.

Must be some other reason for works coming to a standstill, certainly not the weather!! It's been a very good winter for building with very little or no stoppage caused by it
Last edited by nedsram on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct quote error

Amadeus

Postby Amadeus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Work has been continuing on Bridge House, but going back on topic to The Grange, I noticed today in the window of Snapes that The Grange plot has gone on sale.

http://www.snapes.co.uk/property-for-sa ... 000174.htm

A snip at £3,500,000.

Return to “Poynton Forum”