the Grange, South Park Drive

Post comments on local Poynton issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

poyntonian

Re: the Grange, South Park Drive

Postby poyntonian » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 pm

there is more space at poynton pool to build so we can have even more houses so why not build there, or at the sprorts ground and move that elsewhere, why not convert the commuinity centre to appartments come to think of it

AnotherWhingerLike_U

Postby AnotherWhingerLike_U » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:07 pm

A bit like the definition of “Weeds” 8-) Depends on whose perception….. 8-)

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:38 pm

poyntonian wrote:there is more space at poynton pool to build so we can have even more houses so why not build there, or at the sprorts ground and move that elsewhere, why not convert the commuinity centre to appartments come to think of it

Why do we need 5 supermarkets the Aldi site would have accommodated a fair amount of quality apartments instead of trying to shoehorn a few hugely over expensive houses in area which is totally unsuitable .

poyntonian

Postby poyntonian » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 pm

ma-ogy wrote:
poyntonian wrote:there is more space at poynton pool to build so we can have even more houses so why not build there, or at the sprorts ground and move that elsewhere, why not convert the commuinity centre to appartments come to think of it

Why do we need 5 supermarkets the Aldi site would have accommodated a fair amount of quality apartments instead of trying to shoehorn a few hugely over expensive houses in area which is totally unsuitable .

Very good point, I dont shop in waitrose on principle that I didnt want them in the village, I wont shop at Aldi either

Ciderblob

Postby Ciderblob » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:48 pm

poyntonian wrote:Very good point, I dont shop in waitrose on principle that I didnt want them in the village, I wont shop at Aldi either

Bet that's got their accountants mortified! :mrgreen:

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Ciderblob wrote:
poyntonian wrote:Very good point, I dont shop in waitrose on principle that I didnt want them in the village, I wont shop at Aldi either

Bet that's got their accountants mortified! :mrgreen:

Well the fact that many many of the big supermarkets customers have decided to take their business elsewhere has certainly got their accountants mortified ;)

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:45 pm

ma-ogy wrote:Well the fact that many many of the big supermarkets customers have decided to take their business elsewhere has certainly got their accountants mortified ;)

Yes. For example people are abandoning Tesco Handforth Dean to shop locally - e.g. at Waitrose in Poynton. I'm sure that Aldi did their sums before deciding to open a store here.

Hmmm. This has got very off topic...

zzippy

Postby zzippy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:03 pm

nedsram wrote:Yes. For example people are abandoning Tesco Handforth Dean to shop locally - e.g. at Waitrose in Poynton. I'm sure that Aldi did their sums before deciding to open a store here.

Oh i don't know

Maybe Poyntonian won't buy a house on "The Grange" ( If they ever get built) out of principle :)
And in a "free market" economy that is Poyntonian's right :)

ma-ogy

Postby ma-ogy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am

Sorry about going off topic ,just couldn't resist it :oops:
Back to the topic , it seems such a shame to demolish such lovely house to just shoehorn a few new houses in what seems to be an unlikely place .
Houses like this one are being pulled down all over the country, these types of houses are part of the recent history of England its sad to see them disappear , eight or so houses aint going to solve the worlds housing problems .

poyntonian

Postby poyntonian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:40 pm

zzippy wrote:
nedsram wrote:Yes. For example people are abandoning Tesco Handforth Dean to shop locally - e.g. at Waitrose in Poynton. I'm sure that Aldi did their sums before deciding to open a store here.

Oh i don't know

Maybe Poyntonian won't buy a house on "The Grange" ( If they ever get built) out of principle :)
And in a "free market" economy that is Poyntonian's right :)

hahaha you are right zzippy, bank account not withstanding of course :D

Return to “Poynton Forum”