Mrs Davies Bramall Hall - Rolls-Royce

Post comments on local Bramhall issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

davies85gy

Mrs Davies Bramall Hall - Rolls-Royce

Postby davies85gy » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Does anyone have any information or photos of Mrs Amy Davies (widow of John Henry Davies) who lived at Bramall in the 1920s & 1930s.

We have a 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II which was owned by Mrs Davies from 1961 to 1934 and are trying to locate some photos which show the car in this period, if anyone can help with confirming the original registration number (GK1983) it would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Sue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emma_museums

Re: Mrs Davies Bramall Hall - Rolls-Royce

Postby emma_museums » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello Sue,

I'm not sure if you will see this as you posted the message in 2014. I am working for Stockport Museums on part of the Bramall Hall redevelopment (due to reopen in 2016), and have just received some photographs on loan to scan for our records. I knew that Elsie Partington (nee Davies, Amy's daughter) owned a 1933 Rolls-Royce Phantom II - and she is posing with the car in one of these photographs. Another of the photographs features a Rolls-Royce with the reg GK1983 - and a quick google led me to the pages where this car was for sale, and your message on the forum. I hope to be able to show you these images if you want to get in touch with me. It is also exciting to find out that one of the cars vaguely associated to Bramall Hall is still around. Are you in the Stockport/Cheshire area? I have sent you a private message with my contact details.

Best wishes,

Emma

Return to “Bramhall Forum”