Parking fines Woodford road Outside HSBC

Post comments on local Bramhall issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Re: Parking fines Woodford road Outside HSBC

Postby nedsram » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 am

Given that it only costs 20p an hour to park in the nearby Meadway car parks (owned by the council). I find it hard to understand why anybody would want to pay their (presumably - I haven't checked) exorbitant parking charge.

It would probably be hard to prove that you didn't make a mistake when entering your registration number. No doubt they would argue that this can't happen.

ricardinho

Postby ricardinho » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

I have also received one of these now. I never even knew there was parking machines there else, i'd have paid depending on the cost, or parked in the council one for 20p

Has anyone had any recent success telling these sharks where to go. From reading forums the pictures they sent me aren't date and time stamped but they do have these as a separate free typed next to the pics. There's also no proof of who was driving, plus on further inspection as mentioned on here the parking notices are on the opposite side to where you park so unless happen to look that way they're never in your sight.

I find this fine preposterous as mentioned I wouldn't have parked their if i'd seen the signs. Any advice much appreciated.

Hitcher

Postby Hitcher » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi, and thanks for this thread being here.
I parked there today, not being lazy or not wanting to pay the usual charges over the road, which I'd always do. I just saw some spaces and it was handy for a PO pick up. I never realised they had started charging here.
I only saw the one meter at the far end on the way back, it was obscured by a car on the way in. I looked round to find the sign on the wall, but it was too high to read the small print, I just saw '10 mins free' and nothing about cameras.
I guess I might have been over 10 mins, so presume I'll get a charge and wondered if there was any update on recent posts? Any new advice would be appreciated and feel free to tell me I should have been more observant :lol:
Thanks.

stuart

Postby stuart » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello everyone,
I too have just received a Parking Charge Notice today.
I went to pick my daughter up from a party at Pizza Express, the party overran by 12 minutes i didn't know a ticket machine and cameras were in operation and didn't notice the machine or signs otherwise i wouldn't have parked there or just paid the 60p.
Can anyone tell me if they have ever had any joy in either appealing or not paying as the £60 is way to much for the offence.
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Bramhall Forum”