Parking fines Woodford road Outside HSBC

Post comments on local Bramhall issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

MrsAhmed

Parking fines Woodford road Outside HSBC

Postby MrsAhmed » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Dear All
Has anyone had any experience of being charged £100 for parking fine outside HSBC on Woodford road Bramhall? I was never issued a ticket yet the private company claim I was parked outside for just over 10mins. This is not a council letter but a letter from a civil enforcement company. I wasn't even aware this was a private road? I have had no evidence of a parking offence having occurred. £60/£100 is a lot of money.

Please can you advise if you have had any experience of this?
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tarboat

Re: Parking fines Woodford road Outside HSBC

Postby tarboat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:26 pm

groovy

Postby groovy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Hi I just received the same thing, I didn't see the signs and have just been back to look, I can't believe they can get away with this as they are not on the curb you park against but on the other side,

nedsram

Postby nedsram » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:24 pm

When I drove past there the other day, there was a large "pay at meter" sign at the entrance. It really is hard to miss. Unless of course it wasn't there at the time.

Having said that, it's a bit cheeky charging to park there. I often parked there to visit the late lamented Woolworth or get money from the HSBC ATM. And it's awkward both to park and to get out again when you've finished.

The charge of £100 reduced to £60 is also extortionate. I've been done twice over the years by High Peak Council, and had to fork out £35. Refuse to pay on the grounds that the invoice (as it's not a local authority, it's not a fine) is unreasonable and doesn't reflect their loss.

There's a forum you could have a look at: pepipoo.

Return to “Bramhall Forum”