Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Post comments on local Hazel Grove issues or reply to others.

Moderators: tarboat, knighs, nedsram

nedsram

Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby nedsram » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:09 pm

This thread is for people looking for old friends or information on people who used to live in Hazel Grove. It is a direct replacement for the old Local Friends Reunite forum.

dickieboy

Frank Fidler

Postby dickieboy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Looking for Frank Fidler, who lived in Merton Avenue circa 1951-1960

fortheadingley

Descendants/Relatives of Arthur and Doreen Eccles

Postby fortheadingley » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Im trying to find descendants or living relatives or indeed anyone who knew Arthur Eccles (b1919, d1987) and his wife Cynthia Evelyn Doreen Eccles (nee Angell) known as Doreen (b1920-d1994).

Possibly had a daughter, Ann Dorothy Eccles born 1942

Both are buried in St Thomas' church.

I'm also keen to contact Ann Dorothy Beswick (formerly Carthy) married Brian Beswick 1969, both of which I believe still live in Hazel Grove

If you can help please contact Steve on fortheadingley@lycos.com

Many Thanks
Last edited by fortheadingley on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deb

Re: Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby Deb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:34 am

Hi there everyone, I'm trying to catch news about a friend, his name is Dave Cheetham.
He should be still living with his Mum, in Hazel Grove, Bramhall Moor Lane.
His Mum was quite ill tho, so I'm not sure they are both still living there.
Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

Blue Grover

Re: Frank Fidler

Postby Blue Grover » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:54 am

dickieboy wrote:Looking for Frank Fidler, who lived in Merton Avenue circa 1951-1960

I new a Frank Fidler who had two daughters, Mandy and Donna. Sadly he passed away several years ago.

marsla

Re: Freddie Harrison and cousins

Postby marsla » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

I was wondering as if anyone can help me locate my Uncle Freddie Harrison who was married to my late Aunty Enid. They had two children called Alexandra and Guy and came from Hazel Grove.
I understand that my Uncle Freddie get remarried around about 1986-87.
I would be grateful for any infomation anyone can give me and I can be contacted on flack378@btinternet.com

Morts

Looking for Bosden Cottage

Postby Morts » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi from a noob! I was born at Stepping Hill in 1955. At the time, my parents lived in a house I only know as 'BOSDEN COTTAGE'. Apparently Hazel Grove Golf Course was on the other side of the road. Can anybody hazard an informed guess at exactly where BOSDEN COTTAGE might have been? I've found every house I've ever lived in on Google Earth, and I really want to complete the job! Any assistance would be gratefully received...

Malc

nedsram

Re: Looking for Bosden Cottage

Postby nedsram » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Morts wrote:Hi from a noob! I was born at Stepping Hill in 1955. At the time, my parents lived in a house I only know as 'BOSDEN COTTAGE'. Apparently Hazel Grove Golf Course was on the other side of the road. Can anybody hazard an informed guess at exactly where BOSDEN COTTAGE might have been? I've found every house I've ever lived in on Google Earth, and I really want to complete the job! Any assistance would be gratefully received...

Malc

Bosden Cottage is (was?) on Offerton Road, just north of Sanderling Road. It is opposite Stockport (not Hazel Grove) Golf Club. The postcode is SK2 5HL.

It was valued at £215K in April 2000, and I also unearthed an approved planning application to build a detached house "within its curtilage", dated 14/1/10.

Ah the power of Google. ;)

Morts

Re: Looking for Bosden Cottage

Postby Morts » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:55 am

nedsram wrote:
Morts wrote:Hi from a noob! I was born at Stepping Hill in 1955. At the time, my parents lived in a house I only know as 'BOSDEN COTTAGE'. Apparently Hazel Grove Golf Course was on the other side of the road. Can anybody hazard an informed guess at exactly where BOSDEN COTTAGE might have been? I've found every house I've ever lived in on Google Earth, and I really want to complete the job! Any assistance would be gratefully received...

Malc

Bosden Cottage is (was?) on Offerton Road, just north of Sanderling Road. It is opposite Stockport (not Hazel Grove) Golf Club. The postcode is SK2 5HL.

It was valued at £215K in April 2000, and I also unearthed an approved planning application to build a detached house "within its curtilage", dated 14/1/10.

Ah the power of Google. ;)

Magic! Thanks very much indeed for your help. :)

JACKIE2702

Re: Looking for somebody? Ask here.

Postby JACKIE2702 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:57 pm

GOOD AFTERNOON,

MAYBE THIS IS A STRANGE REQUEST, BUT IF YOU CAN GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION THAT MIGHT HELP ME I WOULD
REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MY FATHER WAS MR JAMES HAROLD CARNEY AND MR MOTHER IS MRS GWENDOLINE EMMA CARNEY
I LIVED IN 24 FENTON AVENUE, HAZEL GROVE WITH MY PARENTS FOR MOST OF MY YOUNG LIFE AND LEFT THERE TO LIVE IN MALLORCA WHEN I WAS ABOUT 17. MY FATHER WAS A PHYSIOTHERAPIST AND WORKED FROM HOME.

MY MOTHER DIVORCED MY FATHER IN 1970 AND CAME TO LIVE WITH ME IN MALLORCA AND MY FATHER AND I LOST TOUCH A FEW YEARS LATER.

I HAD A PHONE CALL NOT LONG AGO SAYING MY FATHER HAD DIED, AND THE PERSON WHO CALLED WOULD NOT GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION,(SHE WAS CALLED JOANNE AND LIVED IN DAVENPORT ROAD) SO I TRIED TO CONTACT SOMEONE AT 24 FENTON AVENUE, WITHOUT LUCK AS I COULD NOT FIND THE TELEPHONE NUMBER SO I SENT A LETTER AND HAD NO REPLY. COULD YOU MAYBE GIVE ME A TELEPHONE NUMBER SO I CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE??

I WONDERED WHETHER YOU COULD GIVE ME ANY MORE INFORMATION AS TO WHEN MY FATHER SOLD THE PROPERTY AND I DON´T KNOW WHETHER HE HAS LEFT A WILL AND I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHERE HE MOVED TO WHEN HE SOLD THE HOUSE AND I HAVE LOST ALL TRACE OF HIM.

COULD YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN FIND OUT WHEN HE SOLD THE HOUSE AND IF HE LEFT AN ONGOING ADDRESS WITH
ANYONE IN THE AREA??

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD SEND ME ANY INFORMATION, HOWEVER INSIGNIFICANTE YOU MIGHT THINK IT IS ON MY FATHER PLEASE.

THANK YOU AND KIND REGARDS
JACQUELINE MARIE CARNEY
TELEPHONE IN MALLORCA (+34) 34 871 959495

Return to “Hazel Grove Forum”